J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,922 Posts
im comparing part numbers(www.partsamerica.com) between a 90 z24 and a 90 cav 2.2 and its showing the same 3 slaves thats listed for each.

gotta remember there are 3 diff slaves, the full internal slave(93-94), the slave that mounts directly to the bell housing and the slave rod is inside the bellhousing, and the slave that mounts to a bracket on the bell housing where the slave rod and fork lever are visible from the outside.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its the external that bolts to the bellhousing. I got one off a 92 I-4 and put it on my 92 3.1 (3400) v6. When i pushed in the clutch it wouldn't go to the floor.. i put the trans in neutral, pushed the clutch button under the pedal and tried to start the motor. Something jammed in the clutch.

That was 3 months ago. That night i put the car on my trailer and the next day took it to Oklahoma.. Now i'm here trying to figure out what happened..

I took the slave off today and it had no pressure on it. Poking my finger thru the hole it feels like the fork is bent..

Prior to installing this slave i could turn the motor over by hand (with a rachet,) now it don't move..

Its an EZ-Clutch Stage 3, with the supplied throw out bearing.. Everything seemed to go together fine and everything moved freely until i installed the i-4 slave...

It looks like i'm gonna have to pull the motor/trans to see whats going on but i'm open to suggestions...

·
Registered
437 Posts
wow this is friggin great cause im at this point now after fukin around with the wrong throw out from sleezy clutch i took the dremal to my tranny and trimmed it here and there to make it seat properly now its all together and she wont turn over. feels like its seized im wondering if its binding up in the bell housing...? im close to wrecking the goddamn car now and the service recieved from sleezy clutch is the main source of my anger!!!!!! I just pushed m car back in and am waiting to calm down a little before i tear it back down again. I started this clutch job begining of june. Good to have a half decient car that can sit and take up fn space all summer might be done in time to store.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, i have been keeping up with your thread. Im planning on pulling the motor & trans this weekend to see whats going on.

Mine did turn over, about 1/2 turn before it stopped.. The other day I pulled the slave out and the fork did not return to "closed" position. I tried to turn the motor and of course it wouldn't. I tried turning it backwards and I got it to turn about 1/32 of a turn before it jammed again.

We have the same clutch and pressure plate, but i have the external slave and a brand new flywheel.. I'll post when i find once it get it out and apart..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.