J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trans. started slipping today it's just in first gear and just when i take off fast if i take it easy it's good. The oil is nice and clean and seems to be at the right level but it might not because i just had a coolant hose break and I brought it to the shop to get fixed (because i am affraid of doing any work to the tranny because i know that if i fuck up it's big bones!!) annyways, my dad (he isn't the smartest when i comes to cars but he knows some stuff) says it oculd be just an ajustment since it doesn't slip that much and since the oil isn't dirty. Anybody got any tips sorry about the long post, please help me, my university has all my money i'm broke i can't afford a new trans.

Thanks!!

Dave

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
well it could be on its way out the door. when mine went, it was cuz the rear main seal was leaking oil onto the clutch plate.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i was gonna say something like "if you wuld of checked my registry you would of noticed you advise was useless" but i figured i'd be nice since i really need help on this one lol :D si i can't be an asshole :nono:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok here's the deal i checked my tranny fluid and it seemed a little low so instead of adding some more fluid i decided to add some of that stuff that claims to help prolong life of the trasmission....Now it seems to be ok wouldmy trasmission of slipped if the oil was low, and how much dammage did it cause, i drove it for maybe 100 kms.

thx.

dave

·
Registered
216 Posts
Must likely if your tranny was slipping and it was not down on fluid alot, then there is probably a problem. Using that tranny prolong stuff is just a temporary fix. Start saving up that$$$$ man, you will probably need it sooner than later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.