J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clutch just started to slip on my 91 5-speed Z. Damn! Can it be adjusted, or is it time for a new one? Anyone know how to adjust this (if you can)? What else can I try before getting a new one?

If the clutch is finished, how much should I expect to pay for a new one? including installation.

Thanks

[ This Message was edited by: mars_man on 2001-11-22 23:08 ]

·
Registered
202 Posts
sorry man there is no adjustment as the clutch is hydrolic (sp?) I'm not sure what the price would be tho porbably around 3-400 bucks???

just a guess

good luck.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will make some calls tommorow and see how much $ it will cost me. I was gonna put on Moon's intake but it is totally useless if I'm losing all my torque when my clutch is slipping... I guess there will be no racing till I get her fixed.
Should I stick with a GM clutch or are there better replacements out there?? (performance clutches) keep in mind, I only street race, nothing serious...so reliability is the main factor here.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
The general concensous amoung 2nd gen owners is to avoid Centerforce. They fade way to quickly. The best choice for performance would seem to be Clutchmasters.
http://www.clutchmasters.com
The stage 2 or 3 is the best blend of performance and everyday driving, but the stage 1 should be good too. Stage 4 only for serious race applications. Gona run you $350 - $500 USD though, not including installation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts