J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
annyone use these, do they make a big difference, a buddy of mine hooked me up with 4 brand new tires and winter rims for 150$ cnd. but i'm just currious as to what kind of difference i will see

thanks d.p.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
well you wont mess up your good rims with the salt from the snow ;) also better tread = better grip

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
winter tires have a softer rubber then summer tires, so that you have better traction. but dont use them too much in summer :-? :D

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all these comments are very nice but your i would like to hear form someone that actually has winter tires and i don;t want to know if my stock tires are good i want to know if my winter ones are better and how much better if they are

this might osund a little harsh and i'm sorry if it does but....you know...that's the truth

d.p.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I use the same tires... too poor to own 2 sets of wheels. My stock tires are bald and don't really want to replace. And my old rims 2 of them have the metal comin threw them. And if we get alot of snow, the drift bumper will take away some of that. :D

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Dude, you are missing out, get yourself a winter beater... Nothing can stop my Sidekick, not even ditches (or stop signs for that matter.) LMAO

4X4 plus 31's in the corners = badass winter beater!

Later.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mars not all of us dump every penny we have into our cars of have connections at canadian tire to getyou everything like 75% off..point being i have university to pay si o can;t afford a winter beater.

p.s. the sidekick's awesome man , but why don't i ever see you driving the cavy? is it still not done??

·
Registered
177 Posts
As for being 6 years old, you should really buy new tires sunstealth. I just watched on tv this week about tire quality over a few years old.

Winter tires? The best are All Season Tires, preferably a deep good tread will do. Stay away from studs, they're no good.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I saw that news clip to. The government thinks that the tire quality after 6 years is poor and that the tires should be replaced. But you know the government, it maybe a scam just to sell more tires... who knows.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
why would I buy new tires my dad have hundred of used tires in the back yard of his garage (mecanic garage) I could just find a good set or tell him to buy me new tires lol (60 $ for 4 cooper winter tires ,better than nothing)

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
The cavy has been rotting in my driveway $530 a month in insurance is INSANE. (2 tickets, 0 accidents) The Sidekick is $300 a year, cause it is kinda my dads...

I actually might trade the cavy in for a 1999 MXZ 670 HO... stingers, 144 studs, 3200 kl's.

I am sick and tired of that car... too much on isurance, not worth it... for 530 a month, I could make payment on a BMW 5 series and in 5 years have a brand new Beemer for fucks sake!

What a waste!

I am gonna put a sign in the windshield of that car soon..."Free, OBO"

Later.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Should'n be too hard to find... have a look at local buy, sell, trade books... I bet there are some ready to go in there for cheap... Junkyards are also a good place to look, but they like to fuck people over.

Later.

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
mars_man said:
The cavy has been rotting in my driveway $530 a month in insurance is INSANE. (2 tickets, 0 accidents) The Sidekick is $300 a year, cause it is kinda my dads...

I actually might trade the cavy in for a 1999 MXZ 670 HO... stingers, 144 studs, 3200 kl's.

I am sick and tired of that car... too much on isurance, not worth it... for 530 a month, I could make payment on a BMW 5 series and in 5 years have a brand new Beemer for fucks sake!

What a waste!

I am gonna put a sign in the windshield of that car soon..."Free, OBO"

Later.
Free?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Hey, man, I'll take it off your hands for free!!!!!!!! (where's Chelmsford, ontario?)

:p

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Have a look @ the buy/sell/trade section... my car is in there...not for free...but I am a motivated seller...

Later

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.