J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im making solid mounts. I got my self 4 brand new mounts to go from. I was thinking of having bushings in all of them but I guess that would be same as new poly filled. Anyone see concerns about going ALL solid? Is any one interested in getting some? I know wheel hop will be gone tho :lol:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
you'll notice slow speed, high vac conditions the car actually rocks more, because the engine movement is immediately put to the car, no mounts to take that kind of shock.

solid mounts are alright though, sure makes the throttle changes much more noticeable.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about going a couple solid and others with poly bushings. I was thinking front and back solid and tranny mount poly. I want a bit of movment but barely any. Just enough not to vibrate during idle, but realy strong. Any ideas? Im fabricating 3 solid sets tomorow. When I find a good supplier Im going to try using bushings in them.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
brinky said:
How about going a couple solid and others with poly bushings. I was thinking front and back solid and tranny mount poly. I want a bit of movment but barely any. Just enough not to vibrate during idle, but realy strong. Any ideas? Im fabricating 3 solid sets tomorow. When I find a good supplier Im going to try using bushings in them.
Go to any tool and die shop around and ask for some poly bricks. get one the right size u need and then just insert it in, and weld some tabes around it to hold it firmly in place, (don't forget to drill out the holes). if they don't have any laying around, ask them to order some stock for you. Thats what i'm doing for the other mounts of mine that aren't poly...yet.

The engine still needs bit of movement, going solid just puts all the stress on the rest of hte chassis.. which wasn't necessarilly designed to handle that, specially with people putting 3x00's these days... plus with solid... you'll probly rattle your teeth out of their sockets after a few years of driving. :D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I found out the hard way that all polly is best it'll just rip stuff apart especially if you just do 1 or 2 solid mount's are not a good idea at all in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
right now i got poly dogbone, poly trans mount, and stock "new" the other 2. car vibrates a bit more than stock, and below 550rpm it vibrates pretty bad, anything higher than 550 is unnoticeable, throttle response was greatly improved. I plan on poly'ing the rest in the near future.

·
Registered
335 Posts
im deciding what to do with my front lower mount. it keeps breaking.

i was going to rigg a mount, but i like the polly brick idea..

but im going to try one more thing. welding a plate on the firewall side of the mount, but not on the bolted area.leaving like 3/8" to clear the bolted part in the middle. but just enough so when power is added it wont get "pulled" out. then it will work for "lift" and hold alot better when being "pulled". does anyone think that would work out well?

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
midnightriderz24 said:
solid mounts can be a pain sometimes... but i know the engine isnt going anywhere
Neither is mine without my Emu.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Six_Shooter said:
midnightriderz24 said:
solid mounts can be a pain sometimes... but i know the engine isnt going anywhere
jeez! i hardly go on this site, but today i do, and find youre still whining about this shit....

its not like you saying shit like that is making any sort of difference...is it? no. so give it up and keep it to PMs

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I got a price on a brick of polyurethane from a poly supplier.

4" x 4" x 10" brick of any durometer Polyurethane will cost $140 C.O.D.

should be able to make a few mounts with that amount of poly.

and nice thing is you can choose how hard you want it.

For those that know nothing about durometers typical poly mounts sold on the net range from 85-95 ShoreA. Anything over 100 is considered ShoreD and you might as well go solid mounts at that point.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good thing you mentioned the stiffness. I got quoted on bushings and I didnt nkow the stiffness I was going to go with 70. They will be a available next week for sale.

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
pimpin8ez said:
Six_Shooter said:
midnightriderz24 said:
jeez! i hardly go on this site, but today i do, and find youre still whining about this shit....

its not like you saying shit like that is making any sort of difference...is it? no. so give it up and keep it to PMs
You think I haven't tried PMs, or other avenues? He ignors my PMs, and I occasionally get him to acknowledge that I still have not received my Emu by doing this, he accused me of receiving the Emu,sia that I must not have been happy with it, then said that I would say I have not received it. I was greatly offended when that was said and told him that I would follow along behind each one of his posts pointing this out. I was blatently ripped off Paul, and will blatently point it out every chance I get so that others can no that he is a theif. The funny part is I have not asked for my money back as a first resolution, I keep asking for the Emu, if I had received it, why woudl I continue to ask for it to be sent to me? If I had received it and was not happy with it, I would just turn around and sell it, but I have never recived my product.

All it would have taken is one tracking number that he could never find or would get from the car "tomorrow", but this simple step was never followed through on, which is a sure sign of a thief. I am not the only one that had problems with Paul around the same time, though the other person that I know received his product after making a lengthy post on here about it, at which point amazingly the product "showed back up" at Pauls place to be re-sent out again, when it arrived in less than a week.

If I had received that tracking number and I could have seen that it was indeed sent out, as per the tracking page on the USPS site (He says he sent using USPS), then I would have believed that he hesn't it and it was lost, because there would be third party verification. USPS updates nightly they say, though, my last USPS shipment was only updated once it arrived at the border.
I have received TWO USPS shipments of packages of about the same size an Emu should be in about a week each time.
I don't like being ripped off, especially for $195 CDN (all fees and product payment), when I really coudn't afford to buy it, I have a lot of bills, and debt. The only reason I payed Paul for the Emu in an attampt to buy it was that it was a good deal, not that too good to be true deal, but a fair one, that is, if I had received it.

So I will continue to make posts like this, until some resolution is found.

Paul Klug is a theif, and I want everyone to know this, simple as that.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
yeah six_shooter, i seem to remember you getting upset with me when i was doing the same thing with burntricer, and no i still have no received any money from him.
sorry to thread jack.

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
pezed said:
yeah six_shooter, i seem to remember you getting upset with me when i was doing the same thing with burntricer, and no i still have no received any money from him.
sorry to thread jack.
Burntricer would acknowldege your presense though. I do try to add to the thread with useful information above and beyond my stabs at Paul.

The other difference being I don't recall Lyle ever accusing you of receiving the item and then trying to pull something, like I was, openly in a thread, from the theif. When I get accused of trying to pull something I get very offended by that, and vowed to make sure everyone knows about his theft from me.

If I was to be sent the Emu tomorrow, I would remove every single one of these posts, and let it go. I have an Ostrich now so I really don't need the Emu, but the principle of the matter is, I have not received my product that I payed for. I would probably end up selling the Emu, or hanging onto it as a back up incase something happened to my Ostrich. If Paul can not send the Emu, I would like my money back, it's that simple, or the a very simple thing that would clear Pauls name, with me and I would appoligize after the proof, is a tracking number that could be verified with USPS (since that's how he said he sent it out), that the package was indeed sent out last December. I think I've been pretty paitent so far as to wait 9 months before getting pissed off to the point that I have to resort to open forum posts about him stealing my money.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.