J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just because my class is canceled and I'm bored again. :mrgreen:

Look who got batteries in their camera! hehe

Hmm, why do the attachments show up backwards?

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Econo Auto Painting of Tampa Bay, according to the warranty.

I plan to go to small claims court and sue them. All I need now is their true company name as it is registered in Tallahassee. Which might not be that easy since the name I found is inactive and the last event recorded is from 1999...

Estimates to repair it range from 1400ish to 8000 dollars, with the average of the six being a little less than $5500.00. Small claims is limited to $5000.00, but we'll see what happens.

This is part of the reason why my fiance thinks it might be best to start fresh with a new car. I'm a perfectionist, but someone is out there who wants a car just for transportation and won't care what it looks like. My poor car.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
those fucking assholes :evil: when my car was painted there was a little overspray inside, I almost got into a fist fight with the guy cause I was was livid!!!! sue them for everything you can!!

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Just suck it up, the inside of my car still has spots exactly like that.

:lol:

Same color too

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
i had over spray on my windows when i touched up the hood and stuff and it came off with a little love rub from scotch-brite

·
Registered
185 Posts
For small spots use nail polish remover liberally. You can rub it over paint just be careful not too rub too hard. Overspray and any other chemical overspray will come off easily with nail polish remover. I redid all of the black trim on the Z with semi-gloss and cleaned up all the bits with the nail polish remover. Works on glass or any surface that has paint or paint-like residue on it.

MAACO in Matthews painted two of my cars and did a damn good job of them too. BUT the shops are franchises and it is imperative to make sure you find a shop you can have a good relationship with. Some shops like MAACO do a high ratio of retail vs. insurance work. Some production shops cater to insurance work and will quote you high because while they won't refuse the business they primarily profit off of the insurance work. The Eldo was done by private individual who did an excellent job but for the labor I paid I would have paid 3 times in a commercial shop for the week's work of prep alone. Most shops don't strip a car to bare metal it is not necessary but you have total control of the paint then.

I am not going to comment on the lawsuit stuff but there are some simple things you can help rectify the situation a bit. Advice - take LOTS of pics before you do anything so that everyone can see what happened before you try to clean up. It probably won't hurt your legal standing much to clean off the overspray from the interior but I wouldn't mess with the paint on the body too much before you proceed. Might have to get a legal opinion on the paint. GOOD LUCK!

·
Banned
3,105 Posts
Wow, bad luck.

Just get some thinner and take care of it.

If you're a perfectionist...a Cavalier is the worst car you could have purchased, lol...I literally can't think of a less perfect can than a Cavalier (no offense, but I had one too!). Perhaps a Lada or something Russian made, lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.