J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put like 6.5's in the door panel or something like that? i want another set of speakers, and im not sure how to go about mounting them, does anyone have any ideas? if you did put them in doors, i would like to know how, thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
I have the Q-Logic kick panels. Not exactly in the door, but still a good location. You could likely make an even better better pod if you wanted to mess with a little fiberglass. Someone asked me via PM to post pictures of the driver's side to see that they're not in the way of the clutch pedal or "dead pedal" space, I'll have that posted soon, maybe tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Well I did it in my cavy. I have a 1991 cavalier and I put them in my doors, although I only put in 5 1/2 and my windows roll all the way down with no problems!! :D

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I am not dumb enough to try to put 6.5 's in my door :lol: next time try talking to stereo shop next time befor you try to install something so big :wink:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Naw man don't be so paranoid. I am just saying why would you want to do something like that ? Then you cant roll around with the window all the way down. I didn't mean to offend you. Sorry :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have though the same thing and found with a pair of kenwood 6X9s in the door right after the door handle and right above the the tray where your store all you crap and a little bit of fiber glass and TLC you can get the to go in with out really entering the other side of the door panel or you could do what I did was Mount 4x6S in the center console with a whole bunch of little holes drilled to make a factory look sounds great with 3.5 in the dash 4x6 in the center and 6x9s in back with 2 subs its all good but hey to each is their own just letting you know what I did

·
Registered
97 Posts
well if your going to run them with you 3.5 in your dash yes you should have a small amp and a cap in the line going to 3.5 something like 100 mf
would do and wire them into series remember the cap is only for the 3.5" speakers not the 8x9s if you go with a 4 channel it will be np problem but if you have to do it with a 2 channel setup then I would go series like I did that way it will keep you ohms up around 4 or so most amps don;t like running a long time at 2 ohms I find mine like to get good and hot after about 2 hrs so series in my mind is the way to go

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.