J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well...
for a while now I have had a very annoying problem with my car....its pretty much the same thing as what the guy, who said he replaced all of his sensors on his 3400 and still doing it....

Only mine does not seem at all, as if it is running rich...as I get about 400 Kilometers to a completely full tank of gas, and I also don't smell any gas.

Mine also does run better in colder weather, and when the engine starts out cold....my car has tons of power when it is cold..

I have 3.1L MPFI andit is bored .030 over Hypereutectic Pistons and a Profile 2 Fed Mogul Cam I cant remember the exact specs....
I rebuilt it about 35000ish kilometers ago and has run awesome ever since...till about 2 months ago when this started happening...

the car also looses all of its RPM's and slmost every light wants to stall...unless I give it lots of gas and kind of ride my clutch...

could anyone try to give me some suggestions...I am not asking for answers..I just want to try to narrow it down to as little possiblities as possible so that I dont go changing ever damn sensor in the car...

thanks...

Ben

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried that various times...and if I unplug it shouldnt the car start to run rough?? I cant remember....cause I heard something about that and the Map sensor it should run differently when you disconnect it to see if its good or not...and I cant remember what the engine is supposed to act like when I disconnect them...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.