J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats a good boxed up that looks mean... with a good engine in?
like for example 1st gen cavi, celebrity... etc... i want something mean that is big and powerfull and not rounded up... cool thanks...

· Registered
2,950 Posts
brinky said:
or... whats the biggest enigine i could fit in a 1gen cavi? without TOO much modding... no way a 3800 would fit rite?
its been done with serious modifications and abou 10 000$. cant remember the guys name though

ridgerunner said:
speedemon said:
z24_ss said:
80's Monte Carlo It's a huge box.
or a grand national
He said Chevy, not Buick. But I'd take that Buick over most Chevies.
oh woops, i didnt notice that part. but ya, grand nationals kicks royal ass. i saw one at the 1/4 mile by my house, and it was moded like hell with a big turbo, and it was FAST!!! :love:

· Registered
4,703 Posts
unixkid said:
i'd take an 81 Malibu with a 383 stroker.

omg, that isa my fream car.

we used to have an 81 malibu ex-RCMP highcruiser (for you americans, it's a mix between highway patrol and the FBI), had it all . the mounts for the shotgun under the dash, unopenable rear foors from the inside, the cage was removed and the computer but the rest was all intact, oh and the light bar was gone... but man, that thing would kill all theses ricers and what not, second fastest car we ever owned...

· Registered
5,327 Posts
How about a Celebrity? I had one almost as old as me! 83 2.8 carb. i was born in 82. That was cool but needed too much work! That car is pretty much a squarish car. And the later models have 2.8's and 3.1 mpfi engine too.

· Registered
6 Posts
I have a 83 celebrity with a 87 front end, wish i could get it to run. I replaced a head and now when you put it in drive it dies, but it idles high? anyways there like luxury cars, with little balls. The 2.8 has balls, they even make an intake for a 4 barrle carb<COLOR color="blue">. EDL-3789 Chevrolet: 1982-1985, 2.8L 60 degree V6, 4 barrel top, non-EGR, idle to 6,000 rpm, aluminum, Performer intake ... $89.95
EDL-3785 Chevrolet: 1982-85, 2.8L 60 degree V6, aluminum, Performer intake manifold, base only $149.95
</COLOR> thats from summit racing.

· Registered
5,327 Posts
How much were the carbs? I got quoted $500 thats why I got rid of it. That was for the 2 barrel carb. It also had a bad exhaust leak and needed new brakes and had some wiring issues! I wish I knew about this a year ago. Maybe I wouldnt have sold Ol Betsy!

· Registered
5,327 Posts
Oh welcome to the site.
As far as your problem goes u should check for unplugged vacuum hoses or a bad TCC .

· Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah i like the celebrity... but a 2.8 i think its too small... well we will see what happends... i like carburated... much less wiring and simpler to rebuild... i want carburated... yeah but anyways... can u fir a 305-350 small block in the celebrity?

· Registered
701 Posts
brinky said:
yeah i like the celebrity... but a 2.8 i think its too small... well we will see what happends... i like carburated... much less wiring and simpler to rebuild... i want carburated... yeah but anyways... can u fir a 305-350 small block in the celebrity?
i would say so.

most people i know drop 350s in malibus

· Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i just wonder if ther is enogh space... and + the celeb is front wheel drive... that would be fucked with a 350.. lol
yeah so something like a malibu would have to be... i want a rear wheel drive...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.