J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 89 Z24 2.8L Auto...here's the probs:

1) When I come to a stop and sit for a second, the tac bounces around and then drops, making the car start to shudder like it wants to stall...sometimes it does, sometime it levels itself back out. 90% of the stallouts I have are when I've slowed to make a turn. Halfway into the turn it'll cut right off.

2) When slowing, the car seems like it's having trouble down shifting...again the tac starts to drop, then shoots back up making the motor rev hard and then starts the same process again.

I replaced the lockup solenoid (oddly enough the down shifting was never a problem until I replaced it), and I'm in the process of doing an idle relearn. Any ideas?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE: Okay took the car for a ride after the idle relearn and changing the transmission fluid....seems to be running better in regards to the down shifting problem. Did the idle relearn, car still idles a little rough but slightly better. I'm thinking maybe IAC or TPS but no check engine light...any thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.