1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, first of all you should provide more detailed information. Such as:

- Does engine temp. make a difference?
- Does it ALWAYS do this?
- Does it start right back up?
- Why do you mention the "downshifting"? From what gears? 2nd - 1st?

It could be the TCC Solenoid that pretty much always needs to be replaced on the TH-125C tranny.

:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
no i did not have my battery unhooked for any reason. i relearned the idle just to see if that would help but i still have the condition. i work for a gm service dept and checkd with the techs and they never ran into the condition before possible could be the iac but i want to see if anyone else had the condition fixed before.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Well first of all, since you've mentioned in your registry that you have a 5 speed manual. So when your downshifting the engine tends to drop drastically more in rpm's then it used to? I'm guessing that when you pull up to light you push in the clutch at about 1500 rpm. Saying this, the engine should have enough time to catch it's speed and idle. Saying this is true, it's probably a bad coil pack or just in plain need of a tune-up. So I'd say check your plugs and wires, and most other little things for a tune-up, and that should help you find your little gremlin. :p

Post back if nothing works and we'll help you out.

·
Registered
269 Posts
check the o2 sensor. it wont throw a code(i dont think) but if your eating gas a little more than usual it could be 'choking' the engine, i had the same problem and when i replaced that it idled fine..but that wasnt the only thing wrong for me :( hope it helps

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had this problem a couple of years ago. My car would stall almost everytime i pushed the clutch in unless i kept my foot on the gas a bit. i tried alot of stuff cleaned senseors etc i ended up taking it to gm and they replaced the egr valve. that fixed it.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
leejoooo said:
I had this problem a couple of years ago. My car would stall almost everytime i pushed the clutch in unless i kept my foot on the gas a bit. i tried alot of stuff cleaned senseors etc i ended up taking it to gm and they replaced the egr valve. that fixed it.
Sounds about right, stuck open egr valve. Try pulling it out and cleaning it first, then if that doesn't work I would then proceed to buy a new one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.