J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Wow you had that bad boy stripped! Body in great shape for where your at! You had to notch the frame for the pulley?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well the car is from texas so no rust, and yes i had to notch the frame for pulley clearance aswell as modifie the front 8 inches of the frame rail for clearance on another pulley and for a place to properly make a motor mount for the front of the engine.

i just wish i could have the funds to finish the car for the bash and for the power tour, but i know i wont have the funds unless i find someone that will buy either my 68 chev project truck or my 89 z24 with the 3400 5spd swap and headers that i made for it.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i found the how to and i have no use for it cause making the motor fit and be mounted is not a problem its all the wirring that is a headache and jbodyfreaks is how to install a series 1 when im puting in a series 2 into mine

·
Registered
312 Posts
kinda makes me want that swap in mine now LOL.. I commend you on your efforts man. Good job

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
vroom vroom.. still can't take my vtec honda :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
nicks87z24 said:
benz88 said:
church said:
haha, in soviet russia, vtech owns you!
who needs vtec when you have two more cylinders
Plus one super charger :wink: :pimp:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
americanz24 said:
nicks87z24 said:
benz88 said:
church said:
haha, in soviet russia, vtech owns you!
who needs vtec when you have two more cylinders
Plus one super charger :wink: :pimp:
yes and a supercharger.
does anyone know someone that might be interested in buying a 68 chev project truck it is a rolling chassi and still needs a bit of work the body is a rust free texas truck, it would be nice to sell it so i can use the money on my 87Z.

·
Registered
155 Posts
dude you are on the road to having one of the d sickest fukin cavs. you're doing what i would if i could. funds are a bitch. theres soooo much you can do with that motor. you should seriously look for the 1.9:1 ratio rockers for it. or go with a good cam and put in the 1.7:1 rockers. double roller timing chain (need to modify the balance shaft, and valve springs) headers stage 3 heads. theres a turbo kit you could buy too you would just have to fab up the exhaust. could make about 400 hp on stock internals but won't last long if you mash on it. man i'm not gonna tell you what to do, but that's what i would do if i had the cash and the time and the resources. for now i can dream. theres even a stroker kit for it to make it 4.1 liter :guns: 3X00 daaaaaammmmittt keep it :pimp: mang.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well im back to working on the Z again i had a nice break to get 89Z with the 3400 swap on the road again and i blew it up last week so after i get my new motor in on wedensday the 87Z will be all my time outside of work.

·
Administrator
25,607 Posts
c24 said:
dude you are on the road to having one of the d sickest fukin cavs. you're doing what i would if i could. funds are a bitch. theres soooo much you can do with that motor. you should seriously look for the 1.9:1 ratio rockers for it. or go with a good cam and put in the 1.7:1 rockers. double roller timing chain (need to modify the balance shaft, and valve springs) headers stage 3 heads. theres a turbo kit you could buy too you would just have to fab up the exhaust. could make about 400 hp on stock internals but won't last long if you mash on it. man i'm not gonna tell you what to do, but that's what i would do if i had the cash and the time and the resources. for now i can dream. theres even a stroker kit for it to make it 4.1 liter :guns: 3X00 daaaaaammmmittt keep it :pimp: mang.
all that to make 400 HP when a bone stock 3400 will do more on 10 PSI? and still be lighter? :lol:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts