J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
whitelightning2 said:
c24 said:
dude you are on the road to having one of the d sickest fukin cavs. you're doing what i would if i could. funds are a bitch. theres soooo much you can do with that motor. you should seriously look for the 1.9:1 ratio rockers for it. or go with a good cam and put in the 1.7:1 rockers. double roller timing chain (need to modify the balance shaft, and valve springs) headers stage 3 heads. theres a turbo kit you could buy too you would just have to fab up the exhaust. could make about 400 hp on stock internals but won't last long if you mash on it. man i'm not gonna tell you what to do, but that's what i would do if i had the cash and the time and the resources. for now i can dream. theres even a stroker kit for it to make it 4.1 liter :guns: 3X00 daaaaaammmmittt keep it :pimp: mang.
all that to make 400 HP when a bone stock 3400 will do more on 10 PSI? and still be lighter? :lol:
i have a 3400 in my 89Z that i thought about turboing but i decided to go with a 3800 sc in my 87Z cause its more unique and i cant get enough of the sound of the blower whine and i talked to a dyno shop near me and they said i should easily hit 300whp with a smaller pulley intercooled and dyno tune, and thats on pump fuel. I will be happy with that for atleast one season i would think.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
okay guys so after a year im back working on my 87 z 3800 s/c project i tried to sell it when i came into other things in my life but that didnt work so im back at it now. and since i have high speed internet now i can finnally start posting all my photos.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
nicks87z24 said:
okay guys so after a year im back working on my 87 z 3800 s/c project i tried to sell it when i came into other things in my life but that didnt work so im back at it now. and since i have high speed internet now i can finnally start posting all my photos.
so where are they? lol

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Glad to hear you are getting back to it! I am about 25 minutes south of you in Roseville, so it is nice to see a local who can modify Cavaliers. I might have to hit you up if I ever want to throw a 3400 in my Cavalier :lol:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
dukie said:
Glad to hear you are getting back to it! I am about 25 minutes south of you in Roseville, so it is nice to see a local who can modify Cavaliers. I might have to hit you up if I ever want to throw a 3400 in my Cavalier :lol:
i dont really think its the matter of if you decide to put a 3400 in your car as much as it is when you put one in your car. but yeah pm me sometime i always like meeting people that have the same intrest in the z24s as i do.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
well i have been really to busy to work on my car and with money being so tight right now i have had to put it off again but now with most of our projects out of the shop and our 68 c10 pickup almost done i was able to take my car back into the shop and get to work on it. so i have now modified my rear manifold and figured out what i need to do to modify my oil filter adapter. i now have the engine dropped out of the car and i will be getting my flywheel balanced shortly. i am going to be using the stock clutch so that when it is running i am able to move it under its own power and if i decide to keep the car that is if no one buys it, then i will drop out the motor again for smoothing out under the hood and installing a lsd and a stage 3+ clutch into it, possibly cam the motor to. so i hope to have it moving under its own power in january unless i get shipped out.

so after i get the the flywheel balanced i just need to splice wires for my gauges and power for the cabin and get my computer flashed and she should be running.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i am new to the z site but not new to these cars or mechanics in general and all i can say is wow. thats a hell of alot of work. cant wait to see some vids when its all said and done. nice mount BTW

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
well i brought my flywheel in yesterday to get the face finished and to get the imbalance corect for the motor and my flywheel was only 5 grams off so i am very happy with that. i also ordered my flywheel bolts for a camaro and they will be in on friday so i get to put the trans back on the motor and put it back in the car and after that i need to hook up my wirring harness splice in for gauges and send my computer to get flashed.

i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
gerzy said:
check out the old w motor :D
i would say you are speaking of the 409 that we are going to build for our 62 belair bubble top.

and there is also the 350 thats going into the 61 belair sedan.

·
Registered
302 Posts
nicks87z24 said:
gerzy said:
check out the old w motor :D
i would say you are speaking of the 409 that we are going to build for our 62 belair bubble top.

and there is also the 350 thats going into the 61 belair sedan.
yessir, neat lookin old motor's. my dad has a 62 convertible were slowly in the process of restoring. cool old cars

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
motor is back in the car now and all my wirring is done. so now i need do my exaust mount dog bones and reflash the computer but i will be leaving for six months with the millitary so i dont think it will be on the road till i get back.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
91z24 said:
You do great work, really nice :D
thanks. but have to thank my dad he is the one that has taught me evrything i know and he has given me a hand anytime i get stumped on what i should do.

i hope to have this car moving under its own power by the time the salt is off the roads. and im not shipping out for the army till fall so i have time to work on it.

i hope one of you guys will want to buy this car from me when its running and able to be moved under its own power...

21 - 40 of 45 Posts