J-Body Automobiles Forum banner

starting my 3800 swap

12K views 44 replies 19 participants last post by  nicks87z24 
#1 ·
#27 ·
dukie said:
Glad to hear you are getting back to it! I am about 25 minutes south of you in Roseville, so it is nice to see a local who can modify Cavaliers. I might have to hit you up if I ever want to throw a 3400 in my Cavalier :lol:
i dont really think its the matter of if you decide to put a 3400 in your car as much as it is when you put one in your car. but yeah pm me sometime i always like meeting people that have the same intrest in the z24s as i do.

#28 ·
well i have been really to busy to work on my car and with money being so tight right now i have had to put it off again but now with most of our projects out of the shop and our 68 c10 pickup almost done i was able to take my car back into the shop and get to work on it. so i have now modified my rear manifold and figured out what i need to do to modify my oil filter adapter. i now have the engine dropped out of the car and i will be getting my flywheel balanced shortly. i am going to be using the stock clutch so that when it is running i am able to move it under its own power and if i decide to keep the car that is if no one buys it, then i will drop out the motor again for smoothing out under the hood and installing a lsd and a stage 3+ clutch into it, possibly cam the motor to. so i hope to have it moving under its own power in january unless i get shipped out.

so after i get the the flywheel balanced i just need to splice wires for my gauges and power for the cabin and get my computer flashed and she should be running.

#31 ·
well i brought my flywheel in yesterday to get the face finished and to get the imbalance corect for the motor and my flywheel was only 5 grams off so i am very happy with that. i also ordered my flywheel bolts for a camaro and they will be in on friday so i get to put the trans back on the motor and put it back in the car and after that i need to hook up my wirring harness splice in for gauges and send my computer to get flashed.

i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#37 ·
motor is back in the car now and all my wirring is done. so now i need do my exaust mount dog bones and reflash the computer but i will be leaving for six months with the millitary so i dont think it will be on the road till i get back.

#40 ·
91z24 said:
You do great work, really nice :D
thanks. but have to thank my dad he is the one that has taught me evrything i know and he has given me a hand anytime i get stumped on what i should do.

i hope to have this car moving under its own power by the time the salt is off the roads. and im not shipping out for the army till fall so i have time to work on it.

i hope one of you guys will want to buy this car from me when its running and able to be moved under its own power...

#44 ·
nice to see a more unique set up. wow! talk about a bare bone beginning to a nice restoration. props to ya man! i'm envious of the make it work tool you have to use. awww i have to fab a unique mount, damn, so much for that. ha not you! very nice work. doesn't have that cobbled look to it, but more of a professional design and production. looking forward to seeing the finished product.

#45 ·
hope to have the car running by the end of march. i am planning on finnishing up any loose ends under the hood by the middle of mark and thats when i will send out my computer and i hope to have it back by the end of march and hope there is no snow for atleast a couple days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.