J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing that I've been off work due to injuring my wrist, I decided to do some work on the vert. This winter I'm dropping a new engine, lowering again, taking off my stickers that make me go fast, bodywork, maybe mold some fender vents in, new spoiler, and painting it.

I have recently started on my hood, and I just took my cool fender vents off. :lol: I had an old rs hood laying around so I went ahead and put that one on. Had alot of really good looks today when I had to get some more glass!!! :lol: I'll post the some more pics when I get finished, but here's just a few.....

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Where did you get your front end lift kit from? :D

Got a long way to go... but you'll get there.. eventually.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
barrok69 said:

:lol: Niiiccceeee!!!!! I had the cheap coilovers from ebay and well, needless to say I found out why they were only $53 bucks!!!! Took them off and they're in with another pile of junk!!! I'll probably go with Eibachs this winter. Do they make coilovers for our cars that are worth putting on?

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
blackwidowz24 said:
barrok69 said:

:lol: Niiiccceeee!!!!! I had the cheap coilovers from ebay and well, needless to say I found out why they were only $53 bucks!!!! Took them off and they're in with another pile of junk!!! I'll probably go with Eibachs this winter. Do they make coilovers for our cars that are worth putting on?
No, only JBP make them and they are crazy expensive. But I absolutly love my KYB / Eibach setup :wink:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
91z24 said:
blackwidowz24 said:
barrok69 said:

No, only JBP make them and they are crazy expensive. But I absolutly love my KYB / Eibach setup :wink:
Everyone say's those are a nice set.....how much did you spend for yours? Might go that route.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
91z24 said:
They were on the car when I got it but its somewhere around 500$ usually.
Sounds to me like you lucked out. :lol: I'll probably do some research and find out whats the best set but not as expensive. Thanks anyways bro. :wink:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
jimboh247 said:
$500? No way. $350-$400 would be more like it for eibach/kyb's. Shop around.
I did some search awhile ago and it was close to that price range. But Im lucky, cuz I get 20% discount at all the auto stores around here (napa, autozone, advanced auto, etc) for being a mechanic and 20% military discount....so 40%..haha.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I ran out the good stuff, I use American Pro Ultra Resin. It's exactly $43.12. I thought I had enough but ran out and went to my bodyshop and they didn't have any so I had to go to the local parts store and got the Bondo brand. I really don't like using it but oh well. I had enough for 2 real good coats and didn't for the 3rd coat. Is that Premium Resin like the stuff I use (American Pro Ultra?) It's very easy to sand unlike the other crap?

And Chevyman I wish I had your discounts.....the only discount I have is for body work crap!!!!lol

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
whitelightning2 said:
Long ways to go.. i've got about 20 hrs into my custom hood... and still haven't painted it yet :lol:

IMO you should have started off with a Z hood, that way you won't have to worry about the seams cracking over the winter.
Don't worry bud......lol, it is a Z hood. :D I cut out the original Cowls that was there so that I could have the forced induction. The really cool looking red hood on there now is a stock rs hood just so that I can drive the Z in the meantime. I can get the hood done in a day and a half but this weekend is here and the gf will be home so I'll be spending it all with her. She goes to college about 4 hours away and I only get to see her on the weekends, so we will probably be heading over to Rod Run in Gatlinburg this weekend so the hood progress is on hold till Monday. I'm going with Tuesday it'll be primered.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.