J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey moon I'm having trouble starting my 93 3.1v6 z24. It's like right when turn the key to start it turns over and trys to start then just dies. After second try it starts right up, but it idles really high at first then settles down, weird thing about it's not all the time, any pointers?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey rudedog, is there anyway that I could contact you other than through e-mail or this message board. Do you have an instant messanger of some type. I have a few questions for ya. Let me know. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
hmmm...
hard to say what exactly could be going on.
Could be the fuel pump, or injectors. Cracked vacuum lines can cause a high idle. Is it setting any trouble codes, as it could be a computer problem....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No there is'nt any trouble codes showing but what I did yesterday was put some heavy duty injector cleaner in the tank and the idle smoothed out but the starting problem still there.
O'well I'll keep up the trial an error and post what happens.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rudedog,
I don't know a crap load about cars, I just know a little bit about mine. Your problem sounds like a possible vaccum prodlem(intake).
I had a problem kinda like that and I had to replace my EGR valve, but mine would die a lot too. The best thing to do is to check all of your hoses while it is running... LIsten for a hissing noise. Make sure that your intake is clamped securly...and might as well check you filter. I don't think that it is you fuel filter, althoough it is possible for it to be you fuel injection.

WK James

·
Registered
221 Posts
If it were a vacuum hose, you'd definately know it. After doing my TB bypass, I forgot to immediately put the three hoses back in the top before starting it up. It sure as hell sounded a lot more free flowing, it sounded like it was trying to inhale my hood. I doubt the problem is vacuum related.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help guys but I think I got it. I changed my plugs right after adding the injector cleaner it seems to have solved the problem. Thanks again guys for all your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts