J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k i was just wondering if anyone here has lowerd there 3rd gen cavalier...but what i was wondering is im planning on lowering it with some einbach springs 1.5 inch drop and does anyone know if its a good idea to change the struts too...there original from 96 ...ive heard there stong enough struts but i think with that much of a change and the einbach's are alot stiffer im think i should change them .but i cant really afford to so do you think they'll stand up to the change and not break or should i .kinda confused so any input would help alot thanks
p.s raced a 2001 6cyl 5 speed stang today....wow did i ever rape him...i knew i would beat him but didnt think i would buy that much...raced again at the next light .same thing raped him again...got him both times by atleast a good 2 to 2 and half car lenghs...just thought i would share that with yall
thanks again
jimmy

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
You should be alright with the stock struts. It would be ideal to change them to something that handles the lowering better, but if money is tight, you should be ok. They won't last as long as they would otherwise, but its not like they are going to instantly fail or anything. The ride should still be ok, shouldn't be TOO bouncy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts