J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so heres the deal, i got a 88 Z24 with fresh paint on it and all like it looks pretty good, but i hate the rims, the checkerboards kill the look of the car, my buddy has a 94 Mazda MX3 and he just got rims on his car and he said hed give me his old stockers and 4 tires for $65 (CAN) now thats a pretty good deal since these would just be winter rims, i figure i could stip em down paint em or something, anything IMO that would be better than the Checker boards. But the question is will it have the same bolting Mounts or whatever?? Im supposed to go look at his rims this weekend but thats a fare drive so i thought id ask you guys first, I know its kind of a dumb question but hey, 4 rims and 4 tires for $65, who cares if they are Mazda rims if they fit ill take em. Thanks for the help guys.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,327 Posts
Hey whats up . Welcome to the website. Hope you enjoy it here.
Im not sure but I think that the rins would not work on your z . Most foreign cars have 4 bolt rims where ours use 5 bolts. If you are looking for different rims look into a set of first generation rims (14") or 2nd gen phase 2 rims (15") rims for your car?
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
25,627 Posts
some Honda's use the 5X100mm pattern. I can't remember right now which ones but i know for sure that a member posted a pic of his/her car with Honda rims on it and somebody gave them crap about leaving the "H" caps on them.

but you can do a google search for "Bolt patterns" or something to that order and find a spreadsheet out there somewhere. I used to have it on my site but i lost it all when XP crashed on me 6 months ago :evil:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4,907 Posts
neons and celicas have 5x100 also
mx3s are 4x100 for sure so no go man
just because i have to throw my little sales pitch in here, i have my stcker 14 inch RS rims for sale with 3 good tires shipping might rape you though
 

· Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gjlannin said:
neons and celicas have 5x100 also
mx3s are 4x100 for sure so no go man
just because i have to throw my little sales pitch in here, i have my stcker 14 inch RS rims for sale with 3 good tires shipping might rape you though
Yeah from san diego thats an understatement, gotta love livin in the middle of nowhere haha.

Thanks tho guys guess ill just have to live with the Checkerboards a little longer
 

· Registered
Joined
·
7,394 Posts
'course, you could buy those rims, fix 'em up, paint 'em, and either sell 'em for more or trade 'em off for some that'll fit.

Or are those the steelies with hubcaps?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,889 Posts
cheetahcat79 said:
'course, you could buy those rims, fix 'em up, paint 'em, and either sell 'em for more or trade 'em off for some that'll fit.

Or are those the steelies with hubcaps?
i think she meant you can put steelies on your car. :wink:

ts_audioworx_trev said:
i believe they are aluminum
yes they are aluminum.

For the life of me i wounder why GM put them wheels on any car :-?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
7,394 Posts
z24_conv said:
cheetahcat79 said:
'course, you could buy those rims, fix 'em up, paint 'em, and either sell 'em for more or trade 'em off for some that'll fit.

Or are those the steelies with hubcaps?
i think she meant you can put steelies on your car. :wink:

ts_audioworx_trev said:
i believe they are aluminum
yes they are aluminum.

For the life of me i wounder why GM put them wheels on any car :-?
Actually, I asked if they were the steelies with hubcaps because if they were, I doubt anyone would give him a good set of rims for them. But if they're fairly nice wheels, I would think that he could buy them for $65 and sell them for more.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top