J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to build a custom box for 3 10" subs. Does anyone know of the dimensions/measurments for a box. Possibly a band pass if its nots too big. If not thats cool as well. I want it to sit in between the 2 rear wheel wells.

·
Registered
129 Posts
heh.. sounds like a job for... *da da da da!!!* me... hmm 3 10's at the back ah... bandpass.. hmmm.... well first of all do u have the spec's on the subs?

if so then kewl go d/l a sub box maker program (u can find one anywhere)

if not.. well then the best thing to do is try try and once more try again. in most cases it will take up to 3 times to get the right sound outta ur box. once u get some experience under ur belt it will be alot easier.

its very hard to do bandpass boxes cause they are soo bleeping fickle.. id suggest a triple ported box that sits facing away from ur seats that way you produce deeper and clearer bass then just wooomping behind you. use chipboard for your first try (its probably the best board ive used besides MD board and its very very cheap)and then proceed to MD board for ur final box that way you use only the good stuff for the final box.

hope this helps and please any more q's please post in proper forum. instead of performance put in audio.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.