J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay....I'm new to the J-Bodies. I got me a 1990 Sunbird....with the old cAssette player by the Ashtray....and the square radio up top. I cut a spot out for my cd deck, and tried wiriring it up from the harness that was attached to the Cassette deck....nuthing....then I pulled out the Square stereo faceplate....and used those wires....still nuthing. I've got 8 speaker wires on my aftermarket deck. (1 Pos & 1 grnd for each channel) and I can only find 4 speaker looking wires in the harness....and those won't make any sounds.

Someone please help....I need music!

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Both the cassette deck and the square radio are plugged into a steel box up inside the dashboard. There's yet another connector on this steel box, pull it out, plug it into a wiring harness adapter for your car (available at most places that carry car stereos), and wire that up to the deck.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
exactly what he said. that metal box in you dash is like the control center for the radio. get the harness and you will be all set.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
im gonna move this to the audio forum, youll get more responses there ;)

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
ok heres what you do. buy an aftermarket wireing harness and get it connecte to the harness for the cd player. in the dash behind the radio will be a metal box. there i a connector in the top right corner of that box. unplug that connector and plug it into the aftermarket wireing harness you bought. good luck getting that plug out. it's a a pain in da butt!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.