J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
rocketeer2001 said:
Will that work tho? The way it's swinging right now, won't it bump into the truck when the trunk is closed? :-?
i am pretty sure it wont open with the trunk down which would be the latch/security device :D you kill two birds with one stone in my opinion its no biggie to pop the trunk to fill yer gas tank IMO

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rocketeer2001 said:
Will that work tho? The way it's swinging right now, won't it bump into the truck when the trunk is closed? :-?
I think he means to have it not open with the trunk closed but I'm sure if he wanted to he could get a different bracket. Tom where are you?

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
I feel that if you have to pop the trunk to open the gas door that is on teh outside of the car is not good planning, if you have to pop the trunk anyway, why not just put the filler tube in the trunk? :-?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
thats pretty much what im currently working on but i have the light swinging the other way so it doesnt interfere with the trunk.

·
Premium Member
7,463 Posts
steveo said:
you dont put the filler in the trunk, because any little drips or spills would get on the trunk carpet, or even worse the amps.

hes just trying to say that why not put a relese lever or something on the outside so you dont have to pop the trunk :roll:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.