J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran in to a problem today... I was wondering where the best place is to get "Night shades" tinting paint at? I got my tails all sanded down and preped and I want shopping today and went to Auto Zone, Napa, Advanced Auto, Meijers, Walmart, and more....and no one has the paint for tinti tail lights.
Does anyone know where I can buy it or something simialr to it at? I didn't want to have to order it on the inernet...but if thats what I got to do what is the best place to order it from?

·
Banned
3,105 Posts
chevyman001 said:
Any other good place besides Ebay? I don't have an ebay account and don't really want to sign up for one..
Best thing is to talk to someone you know with an account and get them to order it for you and pay them back. Best way if you ask me. :pimp:

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Easiest is just make an account.. Second easiest is what eastcoaster said

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
I got 2 just incase.. And used both.. But I also did half of a spare light I had. And did like 8 coats :lol:

Not sure the proper way to do it, but here's how I did it.

6-8 coats, 30 min dry time inbetween.
clear
2000grit wetsand
alot of polishing compound

Then shinnnneeee

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
i used about 3/4 can to do my ph-2 tails, corners, rear markers, 3rd brakelight, headlight lenses and a few other random things..

1 can is plenty, i wouldn't go more than 4 decent coats (or 6-8 light coats).. anything more is a waste IMO..

i can buy it here at the local speed shop, if you were coming to the bash you could pick up a can there :p

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
whitelightning2 said:
i used about 3/4 can to do my ph-2 tails, corners, rear markers, 3rd brakelight, headlight lenses and a few other random things..

1 can is plenty, i wouldn't go more than 4 decent coats (or 6-8 light coats).. anything more is a waste IMO..

i can buy it here at the local speed shop, if you were coming to the bash you could pick up a can there :p
Alrighty. Shit I wish I could come to the bash. Im still in school so I can't miss any time at the moment! I wish the bash was in February. Ill be out there next year though. I just my Z up and running yesterday, but needs a tune-up, alternator, and a few other small things. I don't know what Ill bring to the bash next year....eaither my 2nd or 3rd gen. Prolly the 3g cuz its more of a show car ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.