J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 309 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just got back from the 1st V6z24 bash and I had a great time. I met a lot of really great people and we just all hung out for a weekend.

I know that there are a lot of great stories about things that happened over this weekend. So this can be the place to let them fly!

Everyone who was at the bash tell some of the great things that happened.

I will post a few with pictures later......! :D

Brad

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Rotfl, "Mudflap" and his 12.5 sec Camaro :rotfl: :lol:

Btw, my clutch did make it home. It's just a little "Soft" now and i think i fried the passenger side hub bearing, it groaned all the way home :lol:

so i actually had to start and drive the T/A to go get food earlier while the Z took a long nap. I think she was a little upset with the 16.5 1/4 mile but i guess that's not bad for burning the hell out of the clutch going into 3rd :-?

Hope everyone made it home safely. I'll be there next year and hopefully with a nice strong clutch and maybe a little suprise under the hood :wink:

I'll post the drag videos as soon as i get them edited and compressed 8)

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Well I for 1 had a great time! Cant wait for next years bash. Yah, the 12.5 camaro was pretty damn funny. The drag racing was awsome. I guess I am happy with my 16.2 in my stock auto :p When i get my pics d/l i will start posting them. Had a great time!

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
What's the story behind the Camaro?

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the_raven said:
What's the story behind the Camaro?
So all 20 of our cars are lined up at the park and we are getting ready for dinner. This maroon 3.4L Camaro with many stickers and a racing stripe come up and drive around, trying to peel out. As he was leaving someone in our group noticed some pimp mudflaps on his car and yelled "nice mudflaps!" to the Camaro driver.

About 10 minutes later he comes around again and parks near all of our cars. A few guys in our group go over to talk to him. He was talking all of this shit about his car, saying that it would to the quarter mile in 12.8 seconds. We even asked if he wasn't thinking about the 1/8 mile and getting the numbers screwed up. He reassured us that it did the quarter mile in 12.8 seconds. When asked if he would pop the hood so we could see the engine, he said that it was his Dad's car and he couldn't pop the hood for us.

He then got in his "12 second Camaro" and tried to light up the tires. He nutral-dropped it and barely spun the rear wheels.

What a idiot!

Brad

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yeah there are some interesting storys to tell.....how about dippin into the beer case and cutting your self cause someone broke a beer bottle cause of there 1st gen bad drivin stilllz...Or how some ones truck just hates to close....ok..I dunno about you all, but a truck not closing...kinda weirded me out....keeping to many bodies in there started to bend it. Oh yeah, but the best story of all....some one bringin a damn ford....he is stilll on my list.

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a few things that should be detailed by the respective people.

-Ralfing all over someones car
-Running out of gas
-Speeding tickets
-Locking keys in car.
-"2 or 3 finger oil change"

Thats about it for now.
Pictures will be up soon. They are still loading!

Brad

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Wheels!? u mean wheel.... And you forgot some info. He had a 3.4 under the hood and when we asked to look at it he said no. So not only did he have nothing done to the car or engine, the car wasn't even his. It was his dads.... next year we need a guy with a flame thrower kit to scare off stupid people like that. But i had a great time. My first meet with everyone and it was nice to meet you guys. Another tale is on friday night when we went to the apartment, over half of us were on the comp checkin the board with jake lol. And who's ever comp that was you got some messed up stuff on that thing. I enjoyed every min that i was up there, even gettin our ass's kick in football was fun. And i got some pics of 2 cars that broke down on the track. One of civic and other a mustang, here they are.

Thats the Civic gettin pushed out of the staging area!

Poor Mustang... not.

There were about 2 or 3 more that broke down but thats when we were leaving and got lost... again.... We got lost looking for the park, then when looking for the spot in the park where we were suppose to be... We stoped like 50 yards from it, turned around and started lookin for it in the opposite direction. So it took about a hour just to find the damn spot in the park. :(

BTW.... who's that sexy guy in this pic... lol. :lol:

And when frog follies rolls around again guys. If you want that wheel cleaner i got i can get a package for everyone. Only need the money if u want. And i am talkin about the guys who saw me cleaning my wheels in the nice 50 degree wheather when its raining.

Who's goin to post the rest of the pics of the bash? Only way i know how to is puttin pics in file but i can't post them all.

And did you find out about why Rob never came to any of our evens girlracer?? kinda wierd to drive all the way out there and not join in the fun.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
This my fav pic of the track.

Poor cavy.. didn't even stand a chance. I got scared when he pulled up then the other guy roasted his tires. And that was the first race, and like 2 secs after the green light came on the tree.

And wasn't that race for you whitelighting the one where we peeled the tires on the start? lol.

·
Premium Member
7,463 Posts
Wow, i just got back and i had an awesome time... i think i can clarify some of brads points

Brad91Z said:
I have a few things that should be detailed by the respective people.

-Ralfing all over someones car
-Running out of gas
-Speeding tickets
-Locking keys in car.
-"2 or 3 finger oil change"

Brad
the ralphing can be mostly explained by jake "if he even remembers it" :lol: me and him were in the back of chris's (bumpin_z") car on the way back from the club.. well he was quite a few drinks and decides to start heaving... so we pull over and i shove his head out the window ..... then after that whole ordeal we run out of gas about a half mile from a gas station.... chris flags down a hot asian chick and she gives him a ride to get some gas..... ill let chris explain the keys in the car incident.. :roll: but i dont think anyone knew about me i got pulled over in illinois by an unmarked mustang cop car.... clocked me at 92 in a 65.. but thats ok the cop says the points wont carry over into MI :D

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
bezal said:
And wasn't that race for you whitelighting the one where we peeled the tires on the start? lol.
lol, i still have chunks of tire all over the side of my car. The last 2 races i couldn't help but burn the tires. damn clutch :evil:

1 - 20 of 309 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.