J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this the other day but it seems as though my Tcc isnt kicking it at all. I never unplugged it and it worked before. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I thought when they went bad the car would buck and stall not just stop wporking all together.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone have any ideas???

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
I dont know for sure. I dont know if the TCC dies if it always makes the car shudder and die or if sometimes the transmission just stops locking up the torque converter.

If the problem lasts for a week or so I would change the TCC, they go bad all the time anyways. While you have the access cover to the transmission cover off, check the condition of the wires and the connector.

Brad

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just noticed this the other day, i have no idea how long its been doing this. 95% of all my driving is highway so i would like it to work. i noticed when my gas milage dropped about 3mpg. i went from 28 mpg to 25 and have been there since, that extra 3 gallons adds up!! If thing go as i plan the cra will be parked for the winter and that will gove me time to get up in there to check it out.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my car is retarded, its a mut and the check engine light comes on when i go over 70 mph and slow down but only sometimes. Its weird, but that code i get is because my egr is reatrded, i actually have 2 in my car right now, i have to get that fixed.

other than that no unusual codes or anything, the only thing it does ti not work, thats why i didnt notice till my gas milage dropped

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is it difficult to get to?

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i am waiting to get my beater and park the car for the winter so i can get the work done.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
will do. ill be looking at an 89 sunbird 4cyl tomorrow i think they may only want 200 or so for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.