J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, for a while, you might hear my possibly asinine questions, because this is my first project, and while my dad will help with the work, he wants no part in the research. (He worked on older cars, and doesn't much like all the stuff involved with newer ones.)

So I was wondering, on my 89 Z, would I be able to put on one of the Streetfighters? Would it be worth it?

http://www.tciauto.com/transmissions_streetfighter.htm

I want to do pretty much everything short of an engine swap to make this car go, and look good while it does.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
you might just wanna go to a local tranny shop and say you'd like a performance built trans. they can most likely get the parts and install them for you.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
IF you lived in the vancouver area I could have a TH125 performance built transmission done for you.. If you do some reserch on this board there have been some posts on what you can do to a 125 to fully build it..

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
yea i know there was a guy that was on j-body.org that said he would build a performance th-125c if you sent him your trans. and he didnt charge to much if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
If the shippin was payed for and the tranny was sent to me I could have a full built one with new high stall converter built for $1100 canadain.. for $1400 if you live in the vancouver area I'll install it, pull your old one and install a new external cooler..

·
Registered
705 Posts
MANTAPART.com has a kit for upgrading your tranny... check it out... I dont recall how much it cost...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.