J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I decided for the hell of it. Put a working o2 sensor in, cleaned the tb, replaced the egr witgh a new one from the junkyard , flushed the rad and changed the oil. It runs so much smotther noiw. I m driving it for a little while to figure out if the motor is still bad. It no longer runs excissively rich. the idle is a bit higer now but thats ok. Im gonna see if the gas still leaks into the oil . iF IT DOES iM GONNA PUT THE NEW MOTOR IN .
Im gonna change the spark plugs and wires next weekend if $$ is tthere. I want to relocate the coils on the auto tranny mount. My quest is what (if any) wires would I have to extend in order to relocate the coils. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
next time remeber....jack stands are your frineds ;)

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah jackstands are my friends that werent there when I neede em (My landlord had em). I wont do that again!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

learned your lesson the hard way eh?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yEAH :(:(:(

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
lol, i wanna get ramps for the garage, what you think?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats sounds great!!!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn does anyone know about the ccoil relocation?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
markeemsz said:
This weekend I decided for the hell of it. Put a working o2 sensor in, cleaned the tb, replaced the egr witgh a new one from the junkyard , flushed the rad and changed the oil. It runs so much smotther noiw. I m driving it for a little while to figure out if the motor is still bad. It no longer runs excissively rich. the idle is a bit higer now but thats ok. Im gonna see if the gas still leaks into the oil . iF IT DOES iM GONNA PUT THE NEW MOTOR IN .
Im gonna change the spark plugs and wires next weekend if $$ is tthere. I want to relocate the coils on the auto tranny mount. My quest is what (if any) wires would I have to extend in order to relocate the coils. Thanks.
if your main problem is oil leaking into the oil, check your injectors one of them is probley leaking..

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
quinker said:
markeemsz said:
if your main problem is oil leaking into the oil, check your injectors one of them is probley leaking..
He only has one mega giant fuel injector on the top the the engine (TBI) not (MPFI) I was also wondering if you changed the spark plus while you were at it?

-Al.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didnt change the plugs -+ wires. I was gonna do it this or next weekend but I want to relocate the coils while Im in there. Im driving it around and I dont notice any more gas in the oil;. Im gonna drive it for a few more days to be sure.

Patrick I knw about the relocation for the V6 motors. What I was wondering was if there were any extra wires I nay need for the 4 banger. On the V6's I know u need to extend the CPS wire but Im not sure ifg there are other wires I should extend on this motor. I guess Ill find out the hard way .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.