J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
221 - 240 of 263 Posts

· Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
It should really wake the car up, especially with the pulley/injectors and airbox mod already done. The stock header and ESPECIALLY the DP is incredibly restrictive... catback, not so much.

Here's some of the non-HDR photos we took the other day. And before anyone says anything, yes the car has salt and dirt on it... it is winter here in the northeast. :lol:

^ lol

The black rims are starting to get old... can't wait for spring to get the 18's back on.

:pimp:

· Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
jowek70 said:
its a clean car, for being dirty
i like that you didnt get the rice wing for it
but ya man, keep her outta the snow!
haha
I can't stand that wing... it doesn't flow with anything on the car in my opinion. The only thing it's good for is blocking your view of the rear. As for keeping it out of the snow that's not an option as it's my one and only car, but the snow tires and the LSD make it fairly decent in the snow. Deep snow it kind of sucks since it's so low to the ground but the only time I got stuck was when I tried driving through a trail in the woods and there turned out to be 2-3 feet of snow on the other end of it... had to get my friend with his 4x4 ram to get me out :lol:

· Registered
251 Posts
Pretty nice 'Balt. I also have a red SS/SC, a 2006.

I love the thing, but I'm currently trying to find a new home for her. Selling it and my F250 so I can get a Snake. :p

At any rate, nice car. :)

· Registered
752 Posts
chris88z24 said:
jowek70 said:
haha
I can't stand that wing... it doesn't flow with anything on the car in my opinion. The only thing it's good for is blocking your view of the rear. As for keeping it out of the snow that's not an option as it's my one and only car, but the snow tires and the LSD make it fairly decent in the snow. Deep snow it kind of sucks since it's so low to the ground but the only time I got stuck was when I tried driving through a trail in the woods and there turned out to be 2-3 feet of snow on the other end of it... had to get my friend with his 4x4 ram to get me out :lol:
Love my wing :lol: , certain colors of the ss the high rise does not match up though and most look sweet slammed w/ no spoiler. Eventually I am planing on a CF hood and trunk so I well keep it wingless and just swap out here and there though.

· Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
maniac97 said:
chris88z24 said:
jowek70 said:
haha
Love my wing :lol: , certain colors of the ss the high rise does not match up though and most look sweet slammed w/ no spoiler. Eventually I am planing on a CF hood and trunk so I well keep it wingless and just swap out here and there though.
Oh yeah I agree. I wasn't really a fan of wingless at first but I am liking it more and more everyday. Theres a kid around here with a red LS with no wing, I might see if he wants to trade. :lol:

· Registered
251 Posts
I've always been a fan of the low-pro wings. Mine came with that monstrosity of a high rise wing and I took it off within a few days of owning the car. :lol:

· Registered
752 Posts
If I was blue, red or black I would be wingless but since its yellow I think it looks good on my car, really do not care what others think of it, kids love it, parents at shows love it. same goes for my vinyl, only people who do not like it seem to be people who have not seen it in person, its nice being different from all the other yellows around here so I shall stay w/ it, the bottle helps "set me apart" aswell :lol:

· Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
maniac97 said:
If I was blue, red or black I would be wingless but since its yellow I think it looks good on my car, really do not care what others think of it, kids love it, parents at shows love it. same goes for my vinyl, only people who do not like it seem to be people who have not seen it in person, its nice being different from all the other yellows around here so I shall stay w/ it, the bottle helps "set me apart" aswell :lol:
I must admit the vinyl did look nice when I saw it in person

· Registered
2,296 Posts
I like the high rise better. The low rise wing makes an SS/SC or SS/TC look like an LT/LS. Very few Cobalts do look good wingless IMO.

· Registered
1,964 Posts
projectcavalierz24sc said:
I like the high rise better. The low rise wing makes an SS/SC or SS/TC look like an LT/LS. Very few Cobalts do look good wingless IMO.
I agree Highrise FTW... people learn to use the side mirrors...

· Registered
1,366 Posts
one of the half shafts are leaking a tad bit? wouldn't worry too much, just looks like some seepage. I guess gm is using shitty seals theses days (thats what happens when you buy parts from the cheapest source like the big three do)... the drive shaft on my camaro leaked some and the 700r4 in it i know had some work done on it at some point (the cover between the bellhousing and engine was missing, if you yank a 700r4 that cover always gets bent the fuck up and needs to be replaced)

actually maybe they just needed to replace the flexplate or something cause that trans is acting up... then again some mechanics decide to be cheap and lazy and not replace everything they should when they rebuild a trans, only change whats broken... you should replace all the other parts that get worn so it lasts another 100k instead of 25k, they don't use the whole rebuild kit

· Registered
5,062 Posts
transfocus said:
one of the half shafts are leaking a tad bit? wouldn't worry too much, just looks like some seepage. I guess gm is using shitty seals theses days (thats what happens when you buy parts from the cheapest source like the big three do)... the drive shaft on my camaro leaked some and the 700r4 in it i know had some work done on it at some point (the cover between the bellhousing and engine was missing, if you yank a 700r4 that cover always gets bent the fuck up and needs to be replaced)

actually maybe they just needed to replace the flexplate or something cause that trans is acting up... then again some mechanics decide to be cheap and lazy and not replace everything they should when they rebuild a trans, only change whats broken... you should replace all the other parts that get worn so it lasts another 100k instead of 25k, they don't use the whole rebuild kit
looks closer, tranny is cracked

· Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·
I can't tell which is the deal here, theres seepage from the seal but that mark looks like a crack in the case. They crack in the bellhousing from wheel hop and then leak all over the clutch, but never in that spot. My clutch bites fine so I don't think the case is cracked. I posted on css.net and the guys there are saying it looks like a casting flash. Who knows...

· Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
I don't even think the oil goes that high considering that is the oil fill plug for the tranny fluid if i'm not mistaken. I am going to make an appointment with the dealer (unfortunately.. I can't stand bringing my car there. They figure because I am a younger guy with a sporty/nicer car they can treat me like shit.. WRONG!).

221 - 240 of 263 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.