J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,294 Posts
it will work, but im pretty sure mine is 5/8. its best to put the IAT sensor in the plenum where the brake booster hose normally is on the 3400. then move the brake booster to where the EGR normally is.

if the IAT sensor is in the charge pipe close to the turbine it wont read correctly. the charge pipe gets heat soaked badly in that area

I just got done moving mine :)

·
Registered
11,294 Posts
91z24 said:
I REALLY like this idea, how are the brake working now ? Just the same as before ? :wink:
yes brakes work just as good. the hole for the EGR is plenty big to give vacuum for the brake booster

I datalogged the temps and they were 8*C less on average now

I suppose you could get a jacket for the turbine and heat wrap the charge pipe too, but that gets expensive

<LINK_TEXT text="http://cgi.ebay.com/Turbo-beenie-Turbo- ... dZViewItem">http://cgi.ebay.com/Turbo-beenie-Turbo-blanket-Turbocharger-heat-shield_W0QQitemZ180154789433QQihZ008QQcategoryZ72478QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem</LINK_TEXT>

if anyone knows where you can get one for around $50 let me know though :lol:

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn, thats expensive.

And about your IAT / Brake booster setup, looks like I'm convinced (wasnt too hard eh ? :lol:), so even more work to get the turbo in there... damn :lol:

·
Registered
11,294 Posts
ya I dont plan on getting one of those turbo jackets until I have money to waste

it wasnt hard to do, making the plate for the brake booster hose took the longest. then you just extend the 2 IAT wires

I used the EGR gasket as a template for the holes

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
blackwidowz24 said:
Scott you have one of the nicest cavs inside and out!!! Your engine compartment looks flawless my friend!!!!
goto his site your bling meter will goto full like mine :lol: :wink:

def a cool idea on the iat scott u never told me about that one

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.