J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEy moon! great how to on the TB heater by-pass, i plan on doing it to my ride this weekend, if it is applicable on my 90z, i'm pretty sure it is, just want to hear you say it will work before i try it, thanks

~kenny~

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
where did you get your hose from? I have been getting a lot of emails from people saying they can't get the hose anywhere

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the hose at a hardwae store, it's a heater hose, not a radiator hose, but it has the right bend to it and should work just find, picked it and the screw down clamps for under 10 bucks. I'm trying it saturday to see what happens. My friend and i don't see why it won't work. do you know any reason it shouldnt?
thanks
~kenny~

·
Registered
7 Posts
Beleive me or not.. I went to a GM dealer... and he told me that this piece did not exist!! SO I went in a autopart and asked for a "Throttle body heater bypass hose" and the guy told me :"FOr a cavalier 3.1L?"... I said... for a sunbird... same thing!

So, don't go to a GM dealer.... go in a autopart..

I cost me 12$(Canadian $$$) includeing the 2 clip to attach it...

I have had the hose since March 02... but I just scrapped my transmission(hey guys... if you clutch is HARD to push... well, check it... My clutch bearing STUCK on the input shaft... it cost me : Input shaft,clutch,pressure plate,bearing kit,TRANSMISSION CASING(shit...) and the clutch hydrolic system...+ a towing run... I was on Highway 40 in Montréal(it's a 3row higway without any place on the sides... so I was in first lane!!!stuck !!!)

Anyway...CHECK your transmission ! a 3.1L motor has enought power to scrap EVERYTHING on it's way....

cya

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Actually, i got the part number for the hose from the dealer. I posted it in the howto section, and the new section

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually I checked Moonwell's Part number that he posted....and it was a good number! So better tell that dealer to get thier shit together! And hey Moonwell...I just did the bypass and I got the hose at Advanced Auto (use to be Parts America)for around 7 dollars. It had the curve in it and all...I did have to trim about 2 inches off one end (the end that I pushed towards the drivers side to slide on). THANKS MOONWELL

BASSDADDY

ps..I plan on doing the custom intake soon!

·
Registered
12 Posts
??????????????????????????????

i am thinking of a problem here...fuel atomization anyone? cold fuel makes fat droplets that don't ignight worth a shit and the fuel ends up shallacking onto the cylinder walls, dribbling onto the rings, and eventually, you will end up burning oil. (or atleast thats the summary) i don't think that is a good thing. if there is no gain, why do it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
:oops: sorry guys :roll: i am a dipshit...we have a little something called FUEL INJECTION NOW! lol fuel atomization is only a real factor in carbureated engines. so you can all just disregaurd that because i have the mind of a motocrosser today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.