J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moon, I noticed that you left your reverse lights untinted. You do that for style, or for the sake of the local PD?

I was going to tint mine, but not if the cops are gonna give me a hard time about it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, is that tint stuff hard to find? I don't have much in my area in terms of auto parts stores, so unless it's pretty common stuff I'm going to have to travel...

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Well, I kinda rounded out the corners of the reverse lights with the tint, but left most of them clear just cuz I kinda liked the look, and hated having dark reverse lights when I had the blackouts before, since 5% tint on the back window makes it hard enough to see backing up at night as it is. I found my tint in Chicago at SCA, one of the rice shops You can probably find it somewhere online, but I don't think it is a common item.

·
Registered
221 Posts
One would assume, at the price per can. If I get around to it, I hope I get it right the first time. Pricey.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I didn't think it was pricey at all. compared to about $100.00 which most places will charge me for black outs i thought it would be a lot better to buy the paint for only $10. I did my lights yesterday. i did about 7 coats of the black and a bunch of clear coats. i did everything but the reverse lights. i love the way they came out. a few of my friends thought that they were the blackout covers. im just wondering what i should do about my headlights. if anyone has any ideas....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts