J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on here ever heard of the Tornado? It's a part for any automotive carborator that has little metal fins in it and it's supposed to improve the performance of your car, better gas mileage and 5-20 HP increase... Does this thing really work? Or is it just a bunch of crap?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I actually got a Tornado Air device with a custom intake and K&N filter like in Moon's How-To. I dropped in that little peice of metal which cost me 135 canadian $ but I can say it was worth it. I estimate it gave me a boost of about 5 HP PLUS improved gas mileage that was REALLY noticeable. I can say I was quite impressed by the fuel economy and less about those HPs but I did actually feel a diferrence (RPM rised quicker between 2000 and 4000 when accelerating with a nice vibrating sound). Of course the best set up remains a cold/ram air intake with the Tornado but that will be for the next summer !

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Did you test out your new intake before you put in the tornado, so you know you got extra power from the tornado, and not just the new intake?

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey could someone put up a link to that site so i can check it out? does it pull in the air or what? if so then where does it get power... do you have to splice it into the electrical system or what?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.