J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a knock sensor going bad and can't afford to buy a new one. Well I decided to reroute my wires away from the exhaust. Hooked it back into the knock sensor. Hooked my battery back up and then fired up the car. Idled at 1500-2000RPM but I know the reason for that is the Idle Relearn. My Check engine light came back on and now its reading a totally different code. Its 2Pause 2 Flash which is TPS Circuit. It's a new TPS sensor, well fairly new. But when I drive it the light goes out. Whats the downfall of driving my anyways? Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brad91Z said:
The TPS was plugged in when you started the car first?

I would reset the codes and see if it pops up again, if it does, check the sensor and the wiring.

Brad
Ok I done what you told me to and it was still messed up!!!! So I went to the Cutlass and took the TPS off the 3.1. Man that thing was a pain to take out!!!! Had to disconnect 2 fuel lines!!!! Finally got it off after removing everything. Put it in my car. Hooked everything back up, said a lil' prayer, and let it idle for about 15 minutes. Went to check it out and my service light wasn't on. Revved it up to about 5,000 RPM about 3 times and still my service light didn't come on. So hopefully its fixed!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.