J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tomorrow Rob(91BerettaGt) and i are going to the track to see wut i can run. After reading the other track post i went out and took each gear alittle further. i got out of 1st at about 25-30(instead of 17) got out of 2nd at 50(instead of 43) also got out of 3rd at 75(instead of 65). Rob ran a 16.7 as his best, when we raced i pulled a fender on him on a curved road i was on the outside lane. I wanna run a 16.5 and i think it be really good if i did. 240k miles and to run a 16.5 that wouldnt be that bad.

My first time at the track Sept. 18 2002 i ran a 18.3 shifting at 3k rpm cuz i was going by redline on my stock tac which equals 3k on my after market.

· Registered
4,955 Posts
Now, i'm not proud of that 16.7 but... i did have a bad o2 sensor and i wasn't driving, i'm sure i'll run better just because i know how to drive my own car as opposed to my friend john driving it...

· Registered
3,090 Posts
i might be going to the track tommorow too. i might break into the 15.9s hopefully :D . it's gonna be in the 50s so that mean i'll be making alot of power compared to hotter temps :D . traction won't be an inssue realy becaus ehtey prep the track really well too.

· Registered
4,955 Posts
hey for me running 16.7 my car hauls ass... I was even nice to joe (88cavalierz24) and waited for his first gear to hit (so i didn't cheat) but i won't say that'd i'd win or lose cause we had a really good race, when he pulled i was shifting into 3rd gear (F*****N AUTO"S)

No matter if your car is auto or manual, you can still controll where the car shifts. If i had shifted at redline (held the pedal to the floor) then i bet you i would've easilly lost to joe

· Registered
4,955 Posts
Soup, feel free to meet us there tonite, I'd like to meet some fellow v6z24.com people :lol:

I don't know about joe, but I think we should get there by atleast 4:30 due to the amount of people who will be there, it's a good thing friday nights are slower than wednesday's.

PS - Old Bridge Township Raceway (AKA Englishtown) NJ... Don't ask me how to get there I haven't found a way and not gotten lost yet... lol

· Premium Member
13,866 Posts
cant mak it onight but you guys better let me know when the next time your going is ;)

ill be sure to make that one :D

· Registered
4,955 Posts
We should make a fun day, so far for November 2nd and 5th it's going to be ...

Me ['91 Beretta GT 3.1) :D
Joe ['88 Cavalier Z24 2.8] 8)
Dave ['87 MR2] :moon: :evil:
Shaughn ['88 MR2] :moon: :evil:

Soup if you wanna come feel free and anyone else in that matter we could make it a fun night for everyone :love:...

The second is my birthday :) so I'll be able to prove that I can drive my car better than my friend john can... although this month is inspection.......... :oops: ... I think the only thing i'm going to fail for is Suspension

· Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We just got back to my surprise i ran a 15.8 :eek: i just threw it through the gears...
Just kidding i didnt run, they said nothing is coming out of my exhaust ? then they made me tach it and he db'd it at 103 :lol: :lol: so we got our money back and left we will be going back sunday because that is when they said i could run like that Wednesday and sundays arghhh that pissed me off. To make things worse leaving to go to the track we were getting onto the street and seen a cop going by so i waited for him then 2 other cars went by me. So the cop was 3 cars infront he pulled into the church parking lot waited for me to pass, got back on the road and pulled me over. Wut a dick he said it was because of my inspection sticker. Then asked if i had points blah blah that yummy fun stuff. I handed him my rejection paper for inspection. He ran my plate and license number, then came back and didnt get me for n e thing :-D stupid cops i hate them y do they gotta harass me.

Anyone wanna come with us on Sunday?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.