J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sry i shoulda gave better details i just put a shioft kit in and all this started happening the fluid is new and full and i know its not headed for the dumps there gotta be a better reason plz help

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know when i replace my tranny in my plymouth laser i broke the rear motor mount and it would shutter like HELL in reverse, to the point i just couldnt use reverse, but it ran great and smooth, just shook like crazy in reverse. I say its a bad motor or tranny mount. :(

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
Well, it depends. Did you put in the shift kit yourself? Exactly what shift kit was it? Most shift kits change what happens in between shifts; like how soft or firm the shift is.... some kits may change the shift points a little, but nothing crazy.

Brad

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its one from napa its not a broke mount cuz it shutters and won't move in reverse. the tv cable some one said where is that ive been told about that befor it could be that? adn when i mean it shifts late it shift way late into the rev limiter and shift kits are to make it shift firmer but thanks for the help a lil more would be great thanks

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
custom_z said:
its one from napa its not a broke mount cuz it shutters and won't move in reverse. the tv cable some one said where is that ive been told about that befor it could be that? adn when i mean it shifts late it shift way late into the rev limiter and shift kits are to make it shift firmer but thanks for the help a lil more would be great thanks
Hmmm, I'm stumped!!

Does it get better when you give more/less gas? Considering your engine runs good, slowly rev the to 1200-1500 rpm and put her in neutral. Don't do it with the engine running faster, major damage can occur. Try that and see if it does better/worse. And tell us what happened. Would be a little easier to diagnose! :p

Dan

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i don't get what your trin to tell me what to do but like when i get on it first to second it cool but it won't go through second all the way and it starts to free rev like its in nuetral tranny worked fine befor i put this kit on too just diddn't shift as firm as i would like it too

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Well from what you told me in your last post, it seems as if the tranny is not getting enough fluid to pump through the valve body to switch gears. But normally this would happen when trying to get out of your driveway. If you had a truck or something with a deep sump tranny pan, then maybe it would be that, the g-forces would have all the fluid in the back and not enough for the pickup in the front. If you can get some engine speeds, vehicle speeds and gear used when this happens. It could help me figure out what is the exact problem. But most likely the valve body is plugged only in a certain passage. Or that perticular clutch pack or band is worn. A variety of different parts could be at fault here. A little more info could help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.