J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever have one of them days? Just went over 200,000Km recently so I figure I'll take'er in for a nice little Trans. Service. Figureing its just good maintenance.

Now, I'll be busy going broke with Mr. Transmission. Says there is a good deal of metal in the Trans. Filter and a deeper look is required.

Sometimes I wonder if they're making these stories up or not... anyway, the car is 17yrs old with 202,000 Km's ... only about 25,000 of which are from me.

Should probably get him to slap it back together and sell it... but I love my little J-body. So I'm goin into more debt just to keep it running.

Guess this means I'm NOT in for the MRZ UDP buy.. I kinda wanted that too.

I'm not happy.

Thanks for reading...

·
Premium Member
4,261 Posts
Did you have them show you the debris they found? I rarely take a shop's word for anything, I want to see proof...too many people get ripped off anymore. I tend to not take my cars in to a shop, the exception being that if they're still under factory warranty (like the Cobalt). ;)

·
Registered
863 Posts
cobra17st said:
Did you have them show you the debris they found? I rarely take a shop's word for anything, I want to see proof...too many people get ripped off anymore. I tend to not take my cars in to a shop, the exception being that if they're still under factory warranty (like the Cobalt). ;)
x2

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, They did show me the debris. I didn't see where it came from though. They say its from the Torque converter... and that the TCC was unplugged (by the previous owner... I'm not surprised, I kinda guessed that it may have been unplugged)

I went the shop unexpectedly, because I got off work early. So we looked at all the stuff etc. Never know... you see on tv shows like W7 where they check these places out undercover.. and its easy to throw a little steel in a filter and say... Hey.. look, its bad.

I can only hope they are professional and would do honest work at this point.

Well... Horray for me, I coulda had him put it back together and sell the car... but I love my little J-body... so I'm going into more debt for it. (damn... I could probably buy another J-body for the cost of this repair, Mine is in good shape though)

Very unexpected expense... Duro (member here) was goin to help me get it done cheaper.. (thanks). Though I am going to let the shop do the work because they're giving me a 2 year/40,000Km warranty on the Trans. (parts/labour)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.