J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cruise stopped working before i did my 3400 swap due mainly to the button on the end of the stalk breaking off and almost flying out the window. I finally got around to hooking up my cruise module into the quad 4 box, plugged in the 2 vac lines and the electrical connector.. installed a "new" cruise stalk. and still nothing.

Not really sure where to start.........Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seanski said:
check the vacuum source for the acctuator, check the fuse for the cruise and make sure the wiring in hte column is intact
- vaccum is good, i had the lines blocked off for a while and when i took the screw out it let out a hiss...

- Fuse is good and Radio works fine, so that kinda eliminates that.

- Wiring - I didn't even run the cable thru the column yet for the stalk, and there appears to be no breaks in any of the wires.

hmmmm.......... what next.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
barrok69 said:
seanski said:
check the vacuum source for the acctuator, check the fuse for the cruise and make sure the wiring in hte column is intact
- vaccum is good, i had the lines blocked off for a while and when i took the screw out it let out a hiss...

- Fuse is good and Radio works fine, so that kinda eliminates that.

- Wiring - I didn't even run the cable thru the column yet for the stalk, and there appears to be no breaks in any of the wires.

hmmmm.......... what next.
the module under the dash or the vacuum solenoid under the hood

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I'll be watching this thread, I will be needing to do all this sometime soon

good luck with it. MIne isnt even connected to the Quad 4 box right now, its tucked out of the way until I have time to mess with it

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
seanski said:
What do they look like?

cavdaddy05 said:

good luck with it. MIne isnt even connected to the Quad 4 box right now, its tucked out of the way until I have time to mess with it
Took me 2 minutes to install the cruise on the quad 4 box, was a piece of cake.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
barrok69 said:
seanski said:
What do they look like?

cavdaddy05 said:

Took me 2 minutes to install the cruise on the quad 4 box, was a piece of cake.
its a black box above the fuse box on the knee bolster under the driver side , the vacuum thing is under the hood on the driverside strut tower

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
make sure its not loosing vacuum through the brake switch.. ( pinch off the vacuum lines or cap it somehow)

make sure its receiving a VSS signal.
if those are both good then i'd just replace the servo unit

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So i noticed the other day when i was taking a closer look at my "new" used stalk.... it had some electrical tape on one section that i didn't pay much attention to. So I peeled off the tape... and what do i see.... random wires without insulation all broken and going this way and that.....

I whipped out the soldering iron, found some replacement wire like super tiny gauge stuff (hard to solder :guns: ) and put in a 2" replacement section of wire. Once it was all soldered/heatshrinked/electrical taped up, plugged it in went for a drive.... I GOT CRUISE !!! wooha.

Thx for all your help guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.