J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any trouble with their Trunk Release- pretty sad story actually, my window fell off it's track and the night before I was getting it fixed-it poured rain and rusted out the lever- now my trunk has to be roped down from the inside- any ideas????

Thanks

:-? [/list]

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
so you cant pull out your lever to pop the trunk? or it is stuck in the open position? have you tried lubricating the lever?

also im gonna move this to the repair forum youll get better response there ;)

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
wyldthing said:
Has anyone had any trouble with their Trunk Release- pretty sad story actually, my window fell off it's track and the night before I was getting it fixed-it poured rain and rusted out the lever- now my trunk has to be roped down from the inside- any ideas????

Thanks

:-? [/list]
It may be as simple as making sure the trunk latch isn't already latched (keeping it from latching around the bolt) and replacing the cable that opens the trunk.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
it might be as simple as the latch being stuck. just try and move it around and lube it if necessary. :D if that doesnt work, then try replacing things 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.