J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very interested in learning how you make it so when you tuck your wheel with either a AirRide or hyraulics setup it doesn't rub on your fenders. Some have said to round the fenders & quarter panels. So my question is, can someone supply me with some pictures showing me an example and possibly how it is done? I'd like to eventually tuck my wheels, however I dont want my tire to be thrashed by the fenders.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
you gotta have wheel that have the right offset. that most of it. also when you lower you suspension to the extreme your wheels naturally tilt in a little bit because of suspension geametry.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I had to grind out my fender a bit to make it stop rubbing. Mines not even lowered... replaced the shocks and it helped a bit because i bottomed out alot. By my wheels don't tuck at all. I'll take a pic to show you what my tire looks like because it doesn't tuck. Its all scratched up and its cuttin some rubber off.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
the techniques is called rolling your fenders. basically what you do is that the metal surrounding the wheel well, and bend itup inside the wheel well. post people with bigger wheels, of air ride do it so they can save their tires.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
easye & steveo said:
All you need is a wheel with the proper offset!!!
I am not really familiar with understanding offsets. What kind of offset am I looking for? Also, I am kind of curious what the stock offset is for our cars..

Also in order to bend up the inner metal, do you have to snip a section so it can be turned in? It seems to me like you'd have to do that in order to roll it.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
the wheel offset is the distance between the back edge of the rim and the surface that goes up against the wheel hub on your car. it's measured in milimeters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.