J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kinda of mods would you have to do to a stock 3.1 to put a turbo onto it. I dont know much about engines yet, but i do know that a turbo pushes hot air into the engine, and i know that aluminum and hot dont mix too well, so what would you have to do to keep from messing up your engine because of a turbo? would it be as simple as adjusting compression, or What kinda parts would you need? Also, can you put a 3.1L with a turbo with a straight stock tranny? Do you need to beef the tranny any?

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im from southwestern Wisconsin.
Im not just installing the turbo, im buying the turbo arleady on the engine, and installing it into a 91' z. I dunno if the engine will come with anything more than the turbo though, ill have to check into the intercooler.... Really what i meant by the question is what would kind of engine bay mods (or will it fit right unnder the hood)will the engine be a direct bolt onto the stock 3.1l manual tranny? that kinda stuff. the turbo is already on the engine, i just gotta put the engine into the car with the turbo on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.