J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My turn signals wont come on the light wont even light up on the dash. All my fuses is good my flasher is good, my switch is good, and all my bulbs are good however my hazards will flash. any ideas?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
extremez24racer said:
My turn signals wont come on the light wont even light up on the dash. All my fuses is good my flasher is good, my switch is good, and all my bulbs are good however my hazards will flash. any ideas?
replace your turn signal flasher.... there are 2 flashers... one for hazards.. and one for turn signals :wink:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
barrok69 said:
extremez24racer said:
replace your turn signal flasher.... there are 2 flashers... one for hazards.. and one for turn signals :wink:
x2 Had that prob before, same fix

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
<COLOR color="olive">I had this problem for years until I stumbled on the solution. My Right front blinker never worked right. I swapped both blinker units (Haz and Normal) still had issues. Changed bulbs, still issues (Slow, dim light in the dash). Finally I began working the grounds and found out my recepticle had fractured one of the metal contact tabs. Wired in a new recepticle. So, check you wires, grounds and recepticles starting from the bulbs toward the dash.</COLOR>

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
majorz24 said:
<COLOR color="olive">I had this problem for years until I stumbled on the solution. My Right front blinker never worked right. I swapped both blinker units (Haz and Normal) still had issues. Changed bulbs, still issues (Slow, dim light in the dash). Finally I began working the grounds and found out my recepticle had fractured one of the metal contact tabs. Wired in a new recepticle. So, check you wires, grounds and recepticles starting from the bulbs toward the dash.</COLOR>
ive had my testers out and ive been checking voltages to my wires at the connector that goes into the signal switch and i have power at the signal wire and hazard but when i flip the turn signal on i lose my voltage to my signal wire so im thinkin a short in my ground. I have 2 wires one white and one black i figured black would be ground but im getting power at that wire and the white wire has a little bit of power only when the ignition is on. could that be my problem you think it could be in that connector.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
extremez24racer said:
majorz24 said:
ive had my testers out and ive been checking voltages to my wires at the connector that goes into the signal switch and i have power at the signal wire and hazard but when i flip the turn signal on i lose my voltage to my signal wire so im thinkin a short in my ground. I have 2 wires one white and one black i figured black would be ground but im getting power at that wire and the white wire has a little bit of power only when the ignition is on. could that be my problem you think it could be in that connector.
im pretty sure the white wires supposed to have 12V when the brake is applied itgoes from the brakeswitch to the turn signal switch, you have a factory service manual, dig the wiring diagram up, if i have time after dinner i'll look for one. this is on your 94?

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
seanski said:
extremez24racer said:
majorz24 said:
im pretty sure the white wires supposed to have 12V when the brake is applied it goes from the brake switch to the turn signal switch, you have a factory service manual, dig the wiring diagram up, if i have time after dinner i'll look for one. this is on your 94?
yea i tossed a battery in my old teal z and took some readings and i got 12v at that white wire all the time and the other z im only getting about 4v only when the ignition switch is turned on.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
extremez24racer said:
another thing i dont get when i was getting some readings from my teal z the turn signal worked even tho i had the flasher unplugged
which flasher did you have unplugged?

I'd swap all your bulbs over from the other Z, along with both flasher units..

then check all your grounds, the main one that runs from the battery to the chassis right under the battery plate is a good place to start...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.