J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<COLOR color="green"> well i just got new tires on my Sunbird ...... and i was cruising around after my high school (NC) beat our cross town rivals 43-0 in our "OIL BOWL" ...... well needless to say these 2 kids pulled up next to me in 2 civics that where all jazzed up ...... i looked over on each side and busted up luaghing .... i reved my motor cuz i figured i had a chance ...... sure shit ... the light turned green and my sunbird ate those civics alive!! it was a night to remember ..... down with the hondas! </COLOR>

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<COLOR color="green"> i'm not exactly sure what my quarter time is ..... 13's or 14's i'd guess ..... maybe a high twelve if i'm lucky??? not something i have timed yet .... </COLOR>

·
Registered
701 Posts
wyoeaglefan said:
<COLOR color="green"> i'm not exactly sure what my quarter time is ..... 13's or 14's i'd guess ..... maybe a high twelve if i'm lucky??? not something i have timed yet .... </COLOR>
12's!?!?!

I don't know about that, what's your set-up?

·
Registered
708 Posts
huh.......your quarter mile times are that low?????...........what the hell you got done to that bird. Those fricken sunbird turbo's only ran like 15.6 or something stock maybe even more ( possible 15.9). i checked your registry and you don't have anything down for performance. So either that is wrong or it is b/s.

·
Premium Member
11,738 Posts
If your close to stock, which is what I gather from your registry. You'll run mid-high 15's...or course all depending on the condition of your turbo. A worn turbo on a 2.0 doesn't exactly help it...you could be low 16's even.

·
Registered
179 Posts
haha, 12's, 13's, 14's?????? yeah with a drag car pushing you. My friend raced a stock 2.0 turbo in his 96z24 and smoked it. My friend was running a 15.6 at the time.

·
Registered
708 Posts
whoa whoa......hold up there. Are you calling us all ricers for believing that this guy does not run 12, 13, or 14's. If you are i think you need to take that back. Because first of all we are not ricers' and second we are just going by what he has in his registry and we all know that a 2.0 turbo doesn't not run even close to a 14 or even a low 15 stock. So either he doesn't tell us what he has done to his car to make it go that fast or he is giving all of us a bunch of b/s which i believe and a few others. But yeah i would like to see some proof of this if it does run that fast of times.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
<COLOR color="green"> Ok i know that those times where unbelieveable but it was a guess sorry never actually timed my quarter before didn't think that many people would get butt hurt over a guess either .... my frickin bad ..... but ne ways my turbo is not a stock ... it's a custom job that my friends dad did at their machine shop outfit outside of town ...... i have a new dual injector big bore throttle body (which my grandpa did) and a performance chip thingy ..... i haven't updated my registry since day one :wink: ...... and to make you all happy i made sure to actually get a timed quarter and ..... drum roll ...... 15.83 sec ..... happy? 130mph ... or some where close ... i'm sorry for misleading my fellow j-body fanatics ..... </COLOR>

·
Premium Member
11,738 Posts
Alrighty...just to clean something up with this last post, 15.83 is a believable time, but you didnt just post that you did it at 130mph did you?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.