J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I switched my hood for a z24 one. I didn't realize at first that it is supposed to have a rubber circle to connect the hood the the air intake. I tried poking at one in a junkyard a while ago, but I couldn't see how to get it off without ruining it. Is there a way to? If so, please explain.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to be picky, but it says you'll here the air being sucked in. I don't think I would like that, plus I think it looks a little silly. My exhaust is also crappy at the moment.

What does a difference of 5hp make and would that have a negative effect gas mileage? I figure more power is less efficiency?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
its not 5 its .5 (point 5) and no it will help your gas millage. and it will be alot better then the z24 intake, as mine seemed to make more of a sucking noise then the warm air intake because all the noise is right in front of the windshield insted of infront of the car

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Eh it isnt that noticible sound unless the engine isnt warmed up... When it's warm you barely notice unless you open the hood.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
To answer the OP's question, there's 3 clips in the hood in that foam circle. pull the center tab then pop out the entire clip.

I just got rid of my WAI and went BACK to the z24 intake.

1. quieter.. No stupid whistling noise whenever you apply throttle (cold and warm).
2. quieter.. engine overall is quieter.
3. I suspect the intake air temp is actually cooler than with the WAI.

I noticed no difference or loss in power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.