J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to order a under-car neon light kit that was in Canadian Tires Performance Catalogue. Then they tell me that you cant order them because they stop them at the border.
Is this because they are illegal???
Also, anyone know a Company in Canada that would supply these Neon light kits?

Thanks;
John

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bullshit. If it's in the Canadian Tire catalog, they can get it.

Talk to a manager at the store, or failing that, check a different location.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have tried at 3 different locations, and they all tell me that they can oder it probably wont make it across the border anyways.
So does anyone know if there Is a Canadian supplier of Neon car lights, cause I would feel more comfortable anyways getting it from a Canadian company (even though most Canadian Products are crap (I know i am a canadian, but its the truth))
A friend told me that there must be some, but he doesnt know any specific companies either, so I was hoping that someone does.

Thanks-
Jonh

·
Registered
118 Posts
There shouldn't be any problems getting it across the border.
They're no more illegal here than in the US.
And hey, it's just some neon lights - maybe you're not going to use it on a car. Why would customs not allow the shipment of some harmless neon lights?

Just go ask some people on some other Canadian car club boards where they got their neons(probably more likely to find this info on an import board).

Street Glow is apparently the best, and they ship to Canada from their site.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked to an officer, and he informed me that they are illegal because the light will blurr other drivers vision, and that there is a hefty fine If you do drive around with them. Guess us poor Canadians arent allowed to have any fun. ( Damn U Cretchien)

-John

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Chretien is a fucker alright, it's hard to find a descent gun in Canada nowadays since they're all illegal...soon fast cars will be illegal too.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Neons are another one of those mods where the legality really depends on the officer you're talking to. Some will care, some won't.

Most cops generally try to discourage any type of modding. I once heard a cop say "If it isn't stock, it's illegal."

Uh huh. Yeah, right.

Some cops may ticket you for neons, but most probably won't. Just ask some other Canadians with neons.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Probalby better if I dont get them anyways. On my way to school/work I have to drive 4 miles on gravel road, which is most of the time crappy, resulting in noises that sound like my muffler is getting ripped off. And then 8 miles on highway.

-John

·
Registered
118 Posts
hehe... I'm really starting to sound like I'm pushing neons on you here.

Anyway, those neons that I linked are guaranteed for life. Even if you break them on a gravel road or something, they will replace them free of charge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts