J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, they repainted my door jams, and in the process, painted my neons. i took it back up there yesterday and the guy spent a half an hour in the parking lot scratching the paint off with his fingernail. i take my car back in the 14th and heres what they are going to do:
wet sand and buff my deck lid, front right corner panel, and the hood, repaint the front and rear bumpers, repaint both mirrors, and fix some scratches in my paint where its starting to peel off.
i called corporate office and told them that the owner refused to fix the spots on my car. they called the owner and told him to do it, so here i am now.
i have another problem now. since they painted my neons, only half of the 2 side neons light up. i think they may have messed something up when they painted it or were scratching the paint off (he used some chemicals on it). should i bitch about it and try to get them to replace it or should i just let it be?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Bitch about it...... I bet the guy used paint thinner on your neons to get the paint off....I bet the tubes your neons are in is plasitc is it not? If it is Thinner + plastic DO NOT MIX. It eats plastic. I would TOTALLY make them fix that. :guns:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they did use paint thinner and something else. the plastic isnt eaten, but it only lights up half ass. if i get them to get me anew set, i wanna get the one with leds that change to 7 different colors. i looked my car over again today in the light, and there is overspray on my whole car. im going to make them wetsand and buff my whole car (400.00 job for free :lol: )

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
yeah maaco is fucking lame, last summer i got my car painted at maaco just to hold it over until i swapped the engine out so i could get a REAL paint job this coming spring.... payed $1000 for a maaco job thats already cracked all over the rear bumper and has bubbled EVERYWHERE.... its not in the process of being sanded off, except the paint they use doesnt sand well, it just FLAKES everywhere.......... errrr.... oh well

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
uh oh, better sue maaco. who in the hell paints neons, they are such idiots. maybe they are wasting all of their money on commercials instead of quality paint and employees. Hehe I saw a video today of a mustang being assembled, I wish I could get my car repainted like they do at the factory lol. Oh well, when the 'Bird gets repainted I am going to get it done right. Oh yeah, good luck with everything man, I hope something goes right for you soon!
later,
mark

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
$900 isnt bad, youre car looks great but I have heard after a while the clear coat starts to slide and paint bubbles and ect other things. I hope yours stays, it's a really clean paint job.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.