J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just finished taking out my back driver side window. i'm replacing it. is there anything that can eat the extra urethane off the metal so i can install the new one? or do i gotta mess around and chizzle it off. lol

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
use an exacto nkife and remove what you can, if its too hard make the blade hot with a torch. make sure you use enough urathane (not too much tho) and then use body masking tape to make sure the winodow wont move (3M tape wont leave marks on the paint or moulding) leave the tape on for 24h (preferably not in the sun) hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
brinky said:
use an exacto nkife and remove what you can, if its too hard make the blade hot with a torch. make sure you use enough urathane (not too much tho) and then use body masking tape to make sure the winodow wont move (3M tape wont leave marks on the paint or moulding) leave the tape on for 24h (preferably not in the sun) hope it helps.
it all depends on what the drive away time is on the can of urethane. the stuff that i use is 1 hour so i put the window in, tape it in place. one hour later(or less) take the tape off and give it to the customer. make sure to have the windows down a bit because a window can pop out if you close the door to hard.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
andystepper said:
it all depends on what the drive away time is on the can of urethane. the stuff that i use is 1 hour so i put the window in, tape it in place. one hour later(or less) take the tape off and give it to the customer.
make sure to have the windows down a bit because a window can pop out if you close the door to hard
QFT! a lot of ppl forget that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.