J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like it says, I'm pretty sure I have it narrowed down to the front right side. Not 100% sure but it seems like its over there. Problem is when I'm taking a corner at 50mph or more the car has some sort of vibration in the front end. Just had it aligned and the tires are good. It also seems to vibrate going down hills at high speeds...The steering wheel also shakes and the car pulls to the left a bit. I really need to figure this out before my tire falls off or something :-? Thanks. :(

·
Registered
362 Posts
Oh man I hate suspension and front end problems. I just had to have new ball joints cause they couldn't align my front end. Have you pulled the wheel yet? I guess the possibilities range from a bent rim to a slipped steel belt in the tire, to a bent sway bar, or the ball joint on that side starting to go. Hey maybe the place that aligned the front end can look at it and figure it out. Good luck with the problem. Post what it was when you find out.

·
Premium Member
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...Rims not bent and I rotated my tires. I guess I'll pull off my front tires and beat on some stuff today :(

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
z24_ss said:
....vibration in the front end.....
first thing you should do, is pick up your girl, and take her for a ride :wink:

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
I would recommend that you just disassemble the front brakes to see if they are in good working order. Then I would look to see if the sway bars bushings are still intact. Also check your tie rod ends and your ball joints. Your CV joints could be going too.....

Brad

·
Premium Member
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'm lazy and never got to lookin today. I doubt the tires are outta balance just because of when the vibration occurs. Its not constand just under certain circumstances...speedemon, I may have to give that a try :pimp: lol

·
Premium Member
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stu71584 said:
z24_ss said:
Problem is when I'm taking a corner at 50mph or more the car has some sort of vibration in the front end.
maybe it has something to do with you taking corners at 50 mph :lol: :lol: :lol:
Prolly is...anyway I figured out my problem...The CV joint :( Its wobbled the tranny seal out to an oval shape so it kinda flops around a bit. Bought a new one, guess I'll try and put it on today.

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
z24_ss said:
stu71584 said:
z24_ss said:
Problem is when I'm taking a corner at 50mph or more the car has some sort of vibration in the front end.
maybe it has something to do with you taking corners at 50 mph :lol: :lol: :lol:
Prolly is...anyway <SIZE size="134">I figured out my problem...The CV joint </SIZE:mad: Its wobbled the tranny seal out to an oval shape so it kinda flops around a bit. Bought a new one, guess I'll try and put it on today.
Brad

·
Premium Member
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol Brad, was it that hard to read?...It really wasn't to hard. I think the worst part of it was popping out the seal :) No vibration anymore! hehehe

·
Registered
80 Posts
z24_ss said:
Like it says, I'm pretty sure I have it narrowed down to the front right side. Not 100% sure but it seems like its over there. Problem is when I'm taking a corner at 50mph or more the car has some sort of vibration in the front end. Just had it aligned and the tires are good. It also seems to vibrate going down hills at high speeds...The steering wheel also shakes and the car pulls to the left a bit. I really need to figure this out before my tire falls off or something :-? Thanks. :(
I have that problem but to my passes me that when it accelerate strong vibrates and after of the 50mph also vibrates but after of the 80mph it is stop vibration :-?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.