J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

· Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mostly pics. They speak pretty well.

With that done I tacked the runners to what is left of the lower intake and then welded the runners to the flange on the inside.

welded the outside to hide the penetration from welding hte inside and to add more strength

and then ground them down wiht a carbide burr and sanded with 80 then 120 by hand.

And how its gonna look on the car

Its almost done. I just need to add a bung for the IAT, weld on the fuel rail straps, and figure out how Im gonna handle vac lines.

Welding to the old cast aluminum sucks.

Dan

· Registered
936 Posts
This makes me wanna weld something :love:

· Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finished the intake up monday. Basically just welded on a few bungs for IAT, BOV (crap, forgot brake booster) and FPR. Also got the fuel rail straps cut down and welded on (hate the cast alum).

I also made up these as part of a project to come. :)

Dan

· Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
More progress.

Got the new core support bracket welded in with a provision for the hood latch release (hell with a cable). Was pretty simple to mod the hood release for a lever. Just welded a little piece of steel to where the cable normally attached.

I shortened the hood catch thing so that the IC could be mounted as high as possible. It will be a litle trickier to open the hood, but oh well.

Then the angle was off so I had to mod it more. ugh

I also have a good start on the IC mounts. I just need to finalize them once the radiator comes in tomorrow and I can test fit that as well.

Lower mount. Ill weld this to the IC once the placement is fixed.

And the wg actuator mount

Dan

Radiator showed up yesterday. I said F with making one now that I dont really have to. I have that set in place and finished up the IC mounts (just need to tap the lower mouting hole in the steel strap). Also got the IC piping welded up, all two welds.

Tomorrow Im going to make up a shroud for the rad fan and some straps for the upper radiator mounts. The bottom mounts are just pins that sit in the lower core support, factory deal.

Cold side, needs BOV flange and the ends beaded.

Still not super sweet, but they work

Dan

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.