J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I recently bought a 88 Z24, w/ a 2.8 v6, and I was wondering, what can I do to it to get more Hp out of it. A freind saided something about a K&N air intake and filter for like 15% more hp, but i was wondering waht else I can do to improve the performance. Thanx

·
Registered
750 Posts
The K&N cone folter will help, but will probably not give you 15% more HP

Next, you can go in the How-To section and do the TB Cleaning and the TB Heater Bypass. Might not give you tremendous HP, but it will surely halp to give you some better throttle response.

For the rest, always depends on the money you have to spend

·
Registered
67 Posts
yea,
you can add in a K&N for about 60-70 bux and that'll give about 5-10HP i'd assume, and clean the TB like said above while your installing that. $60 more you can buy a ram air kit or for less than that make your own ram air, either way i hear that gives good HP increase, i read 20% but i don't know.... yet... then just save the money and gradually add stuff in like a superchip, replace exsisting parts with performance parts, stuff like that.

peace

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah where can I get a ram air kit?? Do you think Summit Racing would have them et their ohio store? b/c I live by one.
ALso have you ever heard of a 88 Z24 being SuperCharged and if not would it be possilbe??? Thanx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.