J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's the deal.

I am going to go to small claims court to see if I can make the paint company pay for ruining my car.

My fiance, also the mechanic, hates my current car, but knows I love it. He thinks a convertible in Florida is an accident waiting to happen. My last car got caught in hail, and let's face it, with our weather, hail isn't all that uncommon. Plus, while I might get some money back from the paint company, I don't forsee in the immediate future any time to be able to fix the car, plus it is currently the only running tagged insured vehicle. Also, he wants a manual for improved gas mileage and he thinks it will be fun for me. I learned a little about driving manuals before his Jetta died, I tend to agree.

So....

I want a z24 hardtop, hopefully with a sunroof, hopefully a 1994. As stock as it can get, I want to personalize it myself. Air conditioning hopefully in good working order. Manual transmission. Hopefully no rust.

I plan to sell my green convertible. I have all service records since buying it and can answer any questions, take pictures if anyone wants, whatever. Having just put new tires on the car, I won't be selling those, but if you wanted the wheels (one is bent) you could have them I guess. The CD player in it will not be sold. It might be the cheapest available, but it was a gift from my dad a month ago. White vinyl interior, carpet in good shape with mats for the front. Not really many changes other than the paint. I put a spoiler on it, and a z24 hood. It is surging right now, but I haven't cleaned the throttle thingy yet or done an idle relearn. It needs brakes. A little bit of rust under the doors, and the rear fenders.

I figure I'm more liable to get a good car here than a random person on Autotrader. And that you guys might not mind having to fix the poor car and its bright green paint. You might have the money and time that I don't. Or, you might not care, whereas I tend to be picky. :)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have a 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Hard Top Automatic 88,000 miles run PERFECT and would always be a fun project to do a 3400 5spd swap :) Its on my profile. Id sell it for the right price, only mods it has is the stereo system.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chevyman.
It says you've got clear corners, and a painted dash?

Also just curious, where do you put your feet when you drive? I'm fairly small, but I'm sure I would end up kicking that speaker a lot. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still looking for a second generation manual transmission Z24.
How hard is it to swap an automatic for a manual?

I'd like it to have a sunroof, 1994 preferrably, with working air conditioning. Preferrably no rust.

I'm willing to drive a little to get it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.