J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 3.1l rs vert and im having problems with the oil pressure. At idle its around 20. Cruising on the highway it seems normal. When i make turns any faster then a crawl the oil pressure drops and sometimes the check gages light comes on. When i start to go straight again the oil pressure goes back up. Anyone have any idea what the problem may be??

thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
first thing first. Check your oil!!!!!!!!

if its ok i would suggest replacing the sender, but from my experiance this is caused by low oil not the sender. i dont think i have ever seen a faulty sender cause the check gauges light to come on.

·
Registered
428 Posts
First see how much oil is in the car. If you're low you know what to do. I can reccomend using a quart of Lucas Oil in your car. It is really good stuff. (www.lucasoil.com) It really does work and it increases oil pressure a bit. My car just turned 100k on wednesday and I've been using it for the last 10,000 miles and I'm really happy with it. My oil pressure definitley increased. If it still reads low pressure after adding Lucas Oil then you know it has to be the pressure sensor.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah im hoping it just needs an oil change. its been 4 months since its last one but only about 2600 miles. and i have been using the lucas oil for about the last 8-9k miles.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
im sorry but it hink your probelm may be a little more than just an oil change, if the oil is low fine great good whatever, but if its not i would put money on the sender being your probelm but dont rule out your gauge being shotty yet, like i said before, CHECK THE OIL!!! if thats not the problem i advise you check the sender.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.